What's new

Back to the woods

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went back to where I found the half eagle the other day. Found toasted wheaty and buffalo nic a cool old change purse top and the aluminum token thing with the Virginia state motto. I couldn't find any info on it, but I'm dead tired. Brain dead I think. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • _20160731_150105.webp
    _20160731_150105.webp
    287.4 KB · Views: 136
  • _20160731_145924.webp
    _20160731_145924.webp
    215 KB · Views: 125
Upvote 34
Nice hunting. Pretty much done with hunting in this heat. An old change purse with the change in it would be my dream find
 
nice finds! I went to the woods today and I lost 5 pounds sweating! lol
 
"Congrats" to you on your finds and a fantastic token - thanks for sharing your post (stay hydrated in this heat) & I wish you many more great finds while out dirt fishin.

Texas ED
 
Don't know about your piece. But, I bet it was a fun find!

Nice!
 
Congrats on digging some cool pieces Art. :thumbsup:
 
Cool Token. Congrats
 
Trapper, thanks for sharing a picture of a vintage change purse clasp. A find like that really gets the imagination bouncing. So many questions. How old is it? Was it lost or stolen? How many and what kinds of coins did it contain when it arrived at it's final resting place?
Congrats on getting out.
 
Nice finds Art. Those aluminum tokens can cause a cardiac event when you see them in the bottom of the hole-LOL. WTG, Q.
 
Nice finds Art. It has been hot and humid in the woods these days.
 
Nice finds Art. This heat will sap the energy right out of you. Stay hydrated, and don't overdue. I like the Virginia token and wonder if the gold coin you found was in that change purse.
 
nice finds! I went to the woods today and I lost 5 pounds sweating! lol

You to!!
Would have been worse but about 3:30 those PM Thunder Storms Ran Me Home .
It was Still Hot & Sunny at Home , then about 5 ish The clouds blew up ,The Thunder Roared & we got 2 inches of (Much Needed Rain).

Trapperart
More nice finds , is the Change Purse Top Silver?
 
You to!!
Would have been worse but about 3:30 those PM Thunder Storms Ran Me Home .
It was Still Hot & Sunny at Home , then about 5 ish The clouds blew up ,The Thunder Roared & we got 2 inches of (Much Needed Rain).

Trapperart
More nice finds , is the Change Purse Top Silver?

No not silver, just plated
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom