What's new

Backmark Help Needed

Bigcypresshunter

Sapphire Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2004
Messages
27,124
Reaction score
3,351
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Can anyone read this Great Seal button I found? I can see TRADE crossed sabres MARK.
I see what looks like BUTTONS LT??? AM. :help:
 

Attachments

  • great seal trade mark.webp
    great seal trade mark.webp
    63.9 KB · Views: 257
  • great seal trade mark AM.webp
    great seal trade mark AM.webp
    64.8 KB · Views: 223
  • great seal trade mark front.webp
    great seal trade mark front.webp
    75.6 KB · Views: 210
Wow that was a quick ID. :icon_thumright: Thanks. I wonder if its WWI or WWII? Its amazing how many US Army buttons were made overseas. This is the first of this kind I have seen in a Great Seal US Army button. Ill add it to my list.
 
Upvote 0
BCH,
This excerpt: "Buttons Ltd. Birmingham. Crossed swords trademark. 1907. Formed from a merger of three smaller factories, and now a division of Francis Sumner Engineering Co." came from this site.

http://www.oldcopper.org/button_makers.htm

And this: "Buttons Ltd., Birmingham. In 1913 they had three works sites in Birmingham, Portland Street, Worstone Lane and Clissold Street making buttons, buckles and stampings. Some buttons were also made in London. . They also sold suitable dies and button making machinery. Trademarks included 'Three Domes' and crossed swords. Now a division of Francis Sumner Engineering Co." came from the same site, different page.

http://www.oldcopper.org/buttons_birmingham.htm
 
Upvote 0
Thanks. I guess its most likely WWI.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
15
Views
1K
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom