What's new

Backmark help please

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2010
Messages
7,742
Reaction score
12,709
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this plain flat button today and woud like some info on the backmark. It reads "*Imperial* Treble Gilt". There is nothing on the front. I forgot to take a size reference shot but it is about the size of a nickel.
 

Attachments

  • flat button.webp
    flat button.webp
    97.1 KB · Views: 208
It is a common flat button, early 1800s. Please see the topic "How to Clean Buttons" that I posted in the "Cleaning and Preservation" section of the forum. There is more specific info about backmarks like this posted there.

Cheers,


Buck
 
Upvote 0
BB, Thanks for the info and the link. I'll check it out.
 
Upvote 0
daroofa said:
Does it say "Gilt" or "Quality" ?
Well, that just shows you how much attention I pay to my finds! It does say "quality". I'll try to do better in the future.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom