petersra
Hero Member
- Joined
- Apr 26, 2006
- Messages
- 577
- Reaction score
- 14
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- a few miles from the ocean
- Detector(s) used
- Tesoro Tiger Shark + Cheap Radio Shack + Whites DF PI + Aquasound
I went to the beach 2 days in a row. Had a late start yesterday cause my Dual Field detector cuff broke and I had to make a SS replacement. Set me back 2 hours so I chose not to water hunt, just do the wet sand. Found $0.77 (not pictured) and a toasted cell phone (my second cell). However, when I got to the beach the water was flat as a pancake. I sure wanted to be in the water and I had my wet suite, but I left the house in a hurry and forgot my dive boots. Oh well, do the wet sand in my sneakers, which I of course got wet the first ten minutes. Winds were the same direction today, so I went prepared to water hunt. The water was almost flat again. In the water I found 1-quarter, 1-dime, 2-lead weights & 4 pennies, + a bunch of iron junk. I am thinking the sand has buried any gold in the water. Sand is being pulled from the top of the beach and being deposited in the water. Finally worked my way back to the shore at a different section of the beach than I hunted yesterday and worked the low tide line. Found 3 silver rings and the rest of the clad + 2 more lead weights. Beaches are still producing rings, just not any gold for me
The one ring has ice and I thought for a minute that maybe it was a newer white gold ring that tarnishes, but alas it is marked 925. I wish the tourists could afford to buy decent jewelry.
I had fun and got some good exercise. Hope your hunt today were successful. HH, Ralph
The one ring has ice and I thought for a minute that maybe it was a newer white gold ring that tarnishes, but alas it is marked 925. I wish the tourists could afford to buy decent jewelry.
I had fun and got some good exercise. Hope your hunt today were successful. HH, RalphAttachments
Upvote
0
Hopefully things will get better for all of us detectorists. Lord know we sure give it our best.
I'm reminded of what made me finally decide to get into detecting this past spring. Some guy in the area where I hunt found a full set of uppers that were gold. Pretty disgusting eh? I know I tend to exaggerate, but that thing looked like it weighed a couple of pounds. (don't know for sure I wouldn't touch them.) Some dude must have really been toasted to not realize that was falling out of his mouth.
Hope my next gold is not as weird, but would be happy with a toe ring at this point. Going again the end of the week. Wish me luck, HH to youl
, if I could get it a foot above my head it would be payday!!!! 







