Bad news: Rumor Loomis is putting culling units in place

sheepdog_tx

Aug 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From talking with a friendly coin delivery guy he knew exactly why i wanted half boxes and said so does Loomis. Word is branhces are already being installed for comparitors to start culling silver from the coinage. Says they're doing it staggered at branches but its already started in some parts of the country, 3 to 6 months before it gets national. Wasn't sure if halves will be searched too but knows dimes and quarters for sure.

Might be looking at the last year of MWR searching. :o

Upvote 0
Guys, I TOLD you that not only will it happen, but that the first machine is IN PLACE in Phoenix. And it changed the game immediately. As for skunk streaks? I am at 91 and counting. I don't order boxes any more, but when I go to banks for any other coins (I search most) I always ask for ALL halves. The CWR still produce okay. But he MWR are zero for the limit. I went to a few branches two weeks ago and picked up three boxes that someone else had left, all in the same area. I took them so they know i TAKE the halves. ALL of them. Of course, all three were skunks, and as I said, I am up to 91.

And i have TALKED to someone about the machine. It is a new machine, they use it only on halves and quarters, and they will put comparators on the other machines as they replace them or retool them. Not right now. But the new machine DOES have one, and it is working WELL.

I have 142 silver halves this year, and NONE from a box. So I'm not getting nothing. But I'm getting nothing from BOXES. SOmeone said that you won't believe it until you see 100 skunks in a row... I may be your man. :-( But my source, who worked inside, not a delivery guy, said Phoenix was the FIRST to get it.

I know I have been laughed at on this forum for saying it, but I still think it is right, it is accrurate, and it is happening. Not only did my silvers go to zero, but in the last 91 boxes I have had ZERO mexican coins, zero half-balboas and zero other bad things. I used to get a half balboa about one every 8 - 9 boxes. No more. they are rejected by thye comparator, just like other foriegn coins and just like the silver halves.

It is happening. NOT nationwide (yet and probably not for a few years) but it is HERE already, and coming to you too. I don't need the reply posts of "he is lying to you" or "it's not happening" because I've spoken to someone who worked the machine, and he is my friend and honest. It IS happening. I wish all the rest of you the BEST luck and success in your areas until they are installed there too. I rejoice with your finds. But when these machines come, this board is going to get empty FAST.

long live copper pennies! LOL

HHTA

Guys, I TOLD you that not only will it happen, but that the first machine is IN PLACE in Phoenix. And it changed the game immediately. As for skunk streaks? I am at 91 and counting. I don't order boxes any more, but when I go to banks for any other coins (I search most) I always ask for ALL halves. The CWR still produce okay. But he MWR are zero for the limit. I went to a few branches two weeks ago and picked up three boxes that someone else had left, all in the same area. I took them so they know i TAKE the halves. ALL of them. Of course, all three were skunks, and as I said, I am up to 91.

And i have TALKED to someone about the machine. It is a new machine, they use it only on halves and quarters, and they will put comparators on the other machines as they replace them or retool them. Not right now. But the new machine DOES have one, and it is working WELL.

I have 142 silver halves this year, and NONE from a box. So I'm not getting nothing. But I'm getting nothing from BOXES. SOmeone said that you won't believe it until you see 100 skunks in a row... I may be your man. :-( But my source, who worked inside, not a delivery guy, said Phoenix was the FIRST to get it.

I know I have been laughed at on this forum for saying it, but I still think it is right, it is accrurate, and it is happening. Not only did my silvers go to zero, but in the last 91 boxes I have had ZERO mexican coins, zero half-balboas and zero other bad things. I used to get a half balboa about one every 8 - 9 boxes. No more. they are rejected by thye comparator, just like other foriegn coins and just like the silver halves.

It is happening. NOT nationwide (yet and probably not for a few years) but it is HERE already, and coming to you too. I don't need the reply posts of "he is lying to you" or "it's not happening" because I've spoken to someone who worked the machine, and he is my friend and honest. It IS happening. I wish all the rest of you the BEST luck and success in your areas until they are installed there too. I rejoice with your finds. But when these machines come, this board is going to get empty FAST.

HHTA

No.....just no.

HHTA

jrf30 you've been telling us this for awhile, I know people are skeptical but I believe you. I wonder if they installed it to make a profit on silver though of if it's just a better comparitor that they can use to make sure all their halves are 'clean,' primarily clean of foreign coins or other coins of the wrong denomination. I know Gilmore Happy does well in Pheonix though, is it just one courier and maybe he uses a different one?

I seem to remember some other members posting that they do fine in Phoenix with boxes. I am not certain what to believe, but I do know that all the sudden my loomis boxes are all stamped with a date and inspection number, and all of them have been skunks. Time will tell.

H. Gilmore does well with CWR, not boxes. He does a lot of banks daily, and picks up a lot of coins. As he himself said. "I get them before they go to the boxes". As do I. WHich is why I made sure I mentioend the silver halves I have for the year. I'm doing okay. It just comes from CWR though. And with all the silver he AND i take from CWR, I know we miss some, and it goes into the system. yet nothing comes OUT of the system. So I think they are screening it out. Also, you may remember a post of his from a while back when he said he was switching to penny boxes, due to the lack of silver in boxes.

Doing well is not the same as doing well specifically in boxes.

ALthough I hvae gotten some of the flat boxes (1 row high) and gotten some silver out of those. Haven't seen one in a while though, and the 91 number is still going (unfortunately) strong.

"The Federal Reserve, banks and retailers spend about $110 billion a year processing this cash, according to Marianne St. Denis, an independent cash-handling consultant who says that she has worked with major armored-car carriers and financial institutions."

If they are spending that much just to move money around the country, CRHer's aren't even making a dent.

Every member of this site would have to CRH $2.4 million in one year for $110 billion to be searched, which is one year of fees for moving cash.

So if Loomis spent all that money on culling machines and manpower, what do they do with the machines when the silver is effectively exhausted?

Senor said:
"The Federal Reserve, banks and retailers spend about $110 billion a year processing this cash, according to Marianne St. Denis, an independent cash-handling consultant who says that she has worked with major armored-car carriers and financial institutions."

If they are spending that much just to move money around the country, CRHer's aren't even making a dent.

Every member of this site would have to CRH $2.4 million in one year for $110 billion to be searched, which is one year of fees for moving cash.

So if Loomis spent all that money on culling machines and manpower, what do they do with the machines when the silver is effectively exhausted?

This is a good point. They would have the silver out in less time than it took to install the machines.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

I seem to remember some other members posting that they do fine in Phoenix with boxes. I am not certain what to believe, but I do know that all the sudden my loomis boxes are all stamped with a date and inspection number, and all of them have been skunks. Time will tell.

Every Loomis box I've gotten with the new date & inspection number has been skunk, and the date has always been within a week of picking it up, often after I ordered it! Hopefully a fluke, but potentially a worrisome trend.

Last edited:
Every Loomis box I've gotten with the new date & inspection number has been skunk, and the date has always been within a week of picking it up, often after I ordered it! Hopefully a fluke, but potentially a worrisome trend.

I just picked up a Loomis box with inspection number stamped on it, pulled 3 90% out. Not exactly a bonanza but I'll take it.

I asked this question a day or two ago about the banks putting us out of business. I was thinking also

is it Loomis' silver to take? Technically would it not be the property of the depositor or the bank. I do not know if they do or do not have a legitimate claim on the silver.

My 4045's played out(decent series). The I started seeing some that had an Aug date on them(skunks). Now last week they gave a a four digit number starting with 7.(skunk also). I hope they are not correct.

HHTA

Jrf30: I don't know wether I should believe you or not. But I have a question: The medio balboa is exactly the same composition as US half correspondingly (90%, 40%, clad), same physical size, same weight, same number of teeth on the rim, same electronic properties, and made in Philly mint. How does a comparator differentiate a balboa from half dollar? Just a technical question! (Franklin Mint made medio balboas for recent years which are different of course).

Last edited:
I just picked up a Loomis box with inspection number stamped on it, pulled 3 90% out. Not exactly a bonanza but I'll take it.

I asked this question a day or two ago about the banks putting us out of business. I was thinking also

is it Loomis' silver to take? Technically would it not be the property of the depositor or the bank. I do not know if they do or do not have a legitimate claim on the silver.

As far as I know it is not loomis' (or any other couriers) coin, it belongs to the depositor institutions. Installing the machines to remove silver for the purposes of profit would be stealing, certainly not in the best interest of a multi million dollar company. Just does not add up to me.

Smells like FUD to me. Id have to see it to believe it.

I can see them implementing more simple techniques to mess with us. Like putting all our dumps in a bin and boxing it all at the same time, to be put at the top of the stack and sent out. I believe CRHSW has encountered this.

jrf30- I recall another member saying he found silver in boxes in Phoenix. Perhaps rather than a rumor of a dooms day machine having been installed (FUD), perhaps they have implemented the technique I detailed above. It would explain why some boxes slip through with silver.

Sounds like it would take to long to check all the halfs in my area??

Glad to hear it. Like I said, hopefully it's a fluke. I know I've gotten a dozen skunks in a row from this particular bank in the past, only to get a couple monster boxes. Was just disconcerting to see the new stamps and find absolutely zilch inside.

HH!

The silver doesn't belong to them. They could exchange it for their own money, but they just are a middle man who doesn't own the coins.

HEY PEOPLE!!! Did you know thousands of silver coins are culled out every single day across America??!?!?!?!? YEAH! it's US CRH'ERS that are CULLING them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back