What's new

Badgers can be your friend

welsbury

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 25, 2010
Messages
1,191
Reaction score
1,949
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is actually an old find,some on the old PROS board might remember it.
We had a dry spell then a good rain so I went out to see what I could find. Walked up on this. Have found many points in badger and squirrel diggings but this is the biggest one so far.Right at 6",patinated heavily on one side other is clean as can be.
 

Attachments

  • P1020608.webp
    P1020608.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 179
  • P1020606.webp
    P1020606.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 167
Upvote 0
Pics are a little large here are rest.
 

Attachments

  • Badger hole knife in-situ series.webp
    Badger hole knife in-situ series.webp
    958.7 KB · Views: 133
  • P1020611.webp
    P1020611.webp
    973.7 KB · Views: 136
More
 

Attachments

  • P1020612.webp
    P1020612.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 129
  • P1020614.webp
    P1020614.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 125
more
 

Attachments

  • P1020616.webp
    P1020616.webp
    801.5 KB · Views: 130
  • P1020617.webp
    P1020617.webp
    408.9 KB · Views: 113
That's awesome .... Iv always looked around the dug out holes but never found one .... Can you post a pic of it cleaned up it looks perfect
 
Cleaned up pics
 

Attachments

  • P1020624.webp
    P1020624.webp
    391.2 KB · Views: 137
  • P1020625.webp
    P1020625.webp
    445.4 KB · Views: 122
Just for fun,some bucks that came to see me.
 

Attachments

  • 7-15-15 bucks.webp
    7-15-15 bucks.webp
    185.3 KB · Views: 133
86 it is perfect as can be. Looks to have been sharpened once.
 
I remember that find very well from the old PROS board. Just a killer find. I find pieces in the pilings from Groundhog holes on my Ft Ancient site I hunt. Found quite a few Beads that way.
 
very Oregon...old lake bed or pond?...looks a lot like that kind of patina on obsidian.
 
That one really is a beauty. (Mole burrows are also good hotspots) I always check out those animal burrows, just as when I found my Clovis sticking out from the mole hill.
 
Very cool find. You might leave that badger a treat outside his
hole..:occasion14:

The bucks pic didn't fit...you took that pic July of '15...is that when you
found the blade?
 
You owe that badger BIG TIME! Special find!
 
Frig! That is something else. Great series of pictures. Absolutely beautiful.
 
I don't know what badgers eat, but I'd find out and set a plate of his favorite goodies outside the hole!
 
Very cool find. You might leave that badger a treat outside his
hole..:occasion14:

The bucks pic didn't fit...you took that pic July of '15...is that when you
found the blade?
DD the knife was found in 2007. Been a while. Good eye.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom