What's new

Ball button ID? Or date?

Dave44

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2006
Messages
4,874
Reaction score
2,212
Golden Thread
0
Location
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is the biggest button I have found like this, still has some silver on it. Also what do you think about the candlestick or bugle piece?

Thanx for looking!
 

Attachments

  • more sandbridge 319.webp
    more sandbridge 319.webp
    1.8 KB · Views: 183
  • more sandbridge 320.webp
    more sandbridge 320.webp
    7.2 KB · Views: 242
  • more sandbridge 321.webp
    more sandbridge 321.webp
    9.7 KB · Views: 251
  • more sandbridge 324.webp
    more sandbridge 324.webp
    8.6 KB · Views: 251
  • more sandbridge 322.webp
    more sandbridge 322.webp
    9.3 KB · Views: 256
sure looks like a mouthpiece---
 
Upvote 0
Definitely a bugle mouthpiece. That form has been found on civil war battlefields, although it can possibly date from a later era.

That specific form of ball-button dates from the 1830s even up to today. (For example, they are still used on today's Virginia Military Institute cadet uniforms.) But yours most probably dates from the mid-1800s ...like the bugle mouthpiece.
 
Upvote 0
Cool button!!Often associated with the Zouves!
 
Upvote 0
Thank you!
I thought so, but these are 2 things I had not found yet. all of the Zouve buttons I had previously found were 1/2 that size.
I did find a union general service within 75 yrds of those items, but you know how that goes. I will leave it up for a short time in case any one wants to chime in.

Well it looks like a wrap. Thank you all!!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom