What's new

ballfield hunt for about an hour today

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
⛭ Moderator
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2003
Messages
96,852
Reaction score
76,296
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
1
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF0001.webp

DSCF0002.webp

DSCF0003.webp

DSCF0004.webp

1938

Untitle.webp

now

Untitled.webp

my gas rebate was my last dig of the day.
and just under the grass
DSCF0001(1).webp

my trash

DSCF0019.webp

and my disappointing keeper

DSCF0009.webp DSCF0014.webp

DSCF0017.webp

update oldest find Hutchinson's Spring Stopper.

DSCF0002(1).webp

I.D.'d Thanks to releventchair. See his post Below
 
Last edited:
Upvote 12
The cold front just blew through here the temp really dropped. At least you got out swinging.
 
The cold front just blew through here the temp really dropped. At least you got out swinging.

Yes as I pulled in over there a Dark Ominous cloud was overhead, But I took a chance anyway.
I wasn't too happy with the strong wind blowing but eventually the clouds broke.
temps even with the wind are nice. I just don't like strong gusts of wind.
weather says 34 mph
 
Snow melting ..again. Ice from past two days falling off the trees now here.
Good getting out .
You did find an oldie bottle stopper!

022-3003.webp
 
Looks like it was a decent enough find to get you to come back. ;)

Trouble is, I just can't see how anyone can ONLY hunt for an hour! It takes me an hour to begin to hear in between the trash.
The machine's a LOT faster than I am, but after a while I actually seem to get my ear tuned in, ya know?

Must not be used much, this ball field. :dontknow:
 
Yeah, that was kind of a bad hunt. At least you got out. It rained here all day yesterday until I got off work. But, since it stopped, I took the F44 out for a couple of hours to a closed school that is still used some for sports. I got away with $2.52 (8q, 5d, 2p), better than ain't none!
 
Snow melting ..again. Ice from past two days falling off the trees now here.
Good getting out .
You did find an oldie bottle stopper!



View attachment 1289986

Awesome ! Thank you Much :thumbsup: I thought it looked familiar but was gonna trash it as broken :unhappysmiley:

a Lead stopper soaking in Medicine. That would go over well these days
:laughing7:
 
Last edited:
Looks like it was a decent enough find to get you to come back. ;)

Trouble is, I just can't see how anyone can ONLY hunt for an hour! It takes me an hour to begin to hear in between the trash.
The machine's a LOT faster than I am, but after a while I actually seem to get my ear tuned in, ya know?

Must not be used much, this ball field. :dontknow:

I find enough at all my sites to come Back :laughing7:
even if it's just a Nail.
it's just the frequency that changes :tongue3:

I think my shortest hunt was probably about 90 Seconds
 
I find enough at all my sites to come Back :laughing7:
even if it's just a Nail.
it's just the frequency that changes :tongue3:

I think my shortest hunt was probably about 90 Seconds

Takes me 90 seconds to turn on my machine! LOL
 
Betcha there are some old coins where you were if ya give it another 90 seconds.:tongue3: How cool is it that you found an old Hutch stopper?
 
Takes me 90 seconds to turn on my machine! LOL

yes actually at this ball field, I turned my detector on once.
Crossed the Road Swing maybe half a Dozen times Turned around ,
and packed up & Left. Just no Gumption that day.

I don't count the Prepping & Tearing down
or one hour round trip :unhappysmiley:
 
Betcha there are some old coins where you were if ya give it another 90 seconds.:tongue3: How cool is it that you found an old Hutch stopper?

not my oldest find here, but my favorite

Picture 056.webpPicture 051.webp

yes the site produces on occasion
 
yes actually at this ball field, I turned my detector on once.
Crossed the Road Swing maybe half a Dozen times Turned around ,
and packed up & Left. Just no Gumption that day.

I don't count the Prepping & Tearing down
or one hour round trip :unhappysmiley:

Oh! I completely understand! I can see how it happens and everybody has their very own styles. Some, are actually too tired to hunt but do anyway and usually wind up scratch some really nice find because they're not as careful. Then, there are some who, if they don't find a coin in the first 15 mins, jump back in the car and try another place, repeating.

My style is pretty much based on laziness more than thoroughness. But, when I go to a place, I'm pretty much there until the cow's come home. Or I get tired, whichever comes first. There just seems like sooooo much ground to cover! I don't think I've ever hunted more than 2 spots in any one day. Maybe when I was much younger. ;)

Keep up the good work, Jeff!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom