BAMAZON!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW!

It really is a jungle out there.

Those guys are working for their gold.
Looks Like the boss has deep pockets and the guys are getting paid to work.

And of course drama seems to be what the producers want to showcase.
But those nuggets were impressive for just panning.

The sunken excavator was also a telling of the real dangers involved. That's one thing they dont have to script.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
Goodyguy

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far, I'm captivated by each episode. It's a total learning experience; learning what NOT to do if I were in the same position as the boss man.
Don.....

That seems to be the saving grace of all the gold based reality shows. Regardless of the entertainment value, the "what-not-to-do's" are priceless!
Although the use of common sense would have gone a long way toward reducing the amount of mistakes made.

GG~

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This ‘boss man’ has taken his ‘bossing’ attitude into the jungle, far from any assistance or back up. That attitude may have worked in an urban area, but there in the jungle we can see the consequences of his ‘my way or the highway’ attitude. Apparently, he hasn’t learned that a dictator ‘boss’ would receives better results if he were, instead, a good (team member) MANAGER of people.
Don.....

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
i guess ive gotten gun shy from all these gold shows. i was talked into watching this show and after 2 shows, im fed up with the drama they have produced! thats all folks!

Astrobouncer

Jun 21, 2009
Its not a gold show. Its 'Days of Our lives' with an all male cast, set in the jungle. I could care less what happens as this is one show I wont be watching again.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I'll keep watching to see if the 'boss' every gets it through his thick skull that it's HIS attitude, not the heavy duty operator's attitude that places the project at greater risk. Kudos to the heavy duty operator; he gave the boss a couple of chances and received no respect for saving the project on several occasions.
Don....

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like the same old tired formula. I lasted 27-minutes before turning the channel. I guess following a REAL gold operation is just too boring for TV.

I couldn't catch this show, I was busy using my pumice stone to get the dead skin off my big toe and couldn't get to the channel changer.

On a more happier note: I did happen to see, for the very first time, Gold Fever. It's got a guy from N.C. showing how to use all the different gold gathering methods... I loved the show. I could drink a beer with this guy. He showed me stuff I've not seen before, which made it very interesting to me. You old prospectors would probably hate it, but for me- thanks!!!! Much better than the scripted as the world turns crap.

I had a great laugh too. One guy was using a suction dredge in the stream. He kept talking about 'down on the bottom' like it was a mystical place, and he was in about 4' of water. Gotta love these guys~

I learned a lot. Can't wait for more.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never gold mined personally but when I watch these shows alot of the crap that they do to fix things seems like common sense. Like on Bamazon for instance when the hippi dude burned the end of the plastic pipes so they would connect better. That seems like an obvious answer to me. Also when they get stuck all over the place in the mud it just seems like they could of used a diffrent route, they are in the middle of no where go through the jungle or atleast through some trees down so you have better traction. I have seen my uncle with his back hoe and it is amazing what can be done with them and how they can get out of tight spots.

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another thing about this show that my wife noticed was that the "boss" man has a nice leather couch and teak table in the middle of the jungle. What is up with that? He made his crew build there own house after the people he hired to build it did it half ass. He seems like he is living high on the hog while the others are stuck in the muck. He also has a 4 wheeler and makes everone else walk.

Barndawg

Jan 14, 2011
Illinois (STL area)
Detector(s) used
Home made gold prospecting equipment of various types
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thinks his money makes him elite. All hail king Tim!!!! :notworthy:
The peasants always dig the gold for the king, right? :icon_scratch:

EvoQ

Greenie
Nov 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly being from Alabama myself these idiots make our state look bad. I can assure all of you that most of the people from Alabama are not that stupid, but then again we are not acting from a script either. I could only bring myself to watch this Bamazon show but one time. Let me say the Discovery Channel has fallen so far down to publish crap shows like this that have absolutely Nothing to do with Mining. As one of the above posters stated this is the "Days of our Lives" and Not a Gold Mining show. From the Scripted Conflicts to the unbelievable living conditions far flung from modern society this show is Unbelievable and next Ridiculous. I thought after that other Jungle Gold show that nothing could worse but I was wrong, dead wrong this Bamazon is just utterly disgraceful. I can't believe that Discovery would put on such and idiotic show. And we all thought Gold Rush Alaska was bad, well that show blows Bamazon away. Gold Rush Alaska is a Joke too but not nearly a joke that is Bamazon. Compared to the Nat Geo show Gold Fathers all these other Gold mining shows blows chunks of vomit all over the TV screen. Gold fathers had it's great moments, it too was bad in some parts but the Hydraulic Mining Mud Miners were the best of the crews on Gold Fathers. This other Gold Show Bering Sea Gold has a different producer than Gold Rush so it is overall a better show. However; notice how much time is relegated to the Conflict of that one Bully-Captain Miner ? And of course the endless bickering of father and Son on Bearing Sea Gold ? I don't know who told the Discovery channel that we would rather watch grown Men ***** at each their constantly but I for one a sick and tired of watching the American Chopper wannabes Reality TV show ACTORS go at each other throats. I mean **** if they are gonna scream at each other, have them duke it out for God's sake. Let em fight like grown Men. but they aren't grown men they are Actors, Not real people. I have been on set to a couple of other reality TV shows, let me tell you it is highly staged and scripted. If I wanted to watch the MMA fighters I would turn it to that channel. Discovery get back to Actually Mining ! Do another show on the Mud Miners they are for real Miners, and stop this stupid nonsense Todd Gold Rush crap TV. We want Mud Miners !

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the whole show is a bunch of morons.

first the gold quartz veins are not veins but bench gravels.
you don't find well rounded gold nuggets in quartz veins.

you have to blast to mine gold quartz veins.

i have run crews mining and am not a moron like there boss.

the sign of a good boss is you find out what people are good at and you tell them what you want and let them go to it.
and if you don't know what your doing you ask if someone has ever done it or something like it and put them in charge of that stage.

hippi dude burned the end of the plastic pipes so they would connect better.
One the boss man should have known how those pipe connectors worked before he ever left the states.
I know how they work and that you have to heat them to get a good seal because i have used the same type pipe and fitting in a underground mine for air pipe for mine drills at over 100 psi.
I would have had a few propane torches on hand to heat the pipe for the fitting.

the excavator i would have bought two small ones like John Deer 17Ds same make, modal and year. if one breaks down you still have the other and if it breaks down you can rob parts from the first one,
plus they have a small blade on the front for clearing and leveling trail.
17D Excavator from John*Deere

The barge i would have filled the inside of the pontoons with foam
Polyurethane Flotation Foam
Why take the chance of it sinking from damage.

But then again i am a gold miner with 30= years experience.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to guess at this point his fireing was for drama,
and he may have walked.
and that as soon as they are completely lost at fixing something,
or pretending they are, Boss Man will ask him back.

Or if he actually walked,
the producers will hire someone new with close to the same attitude

arnofarrell

Feb 18, 2012
North West Iowa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly being from Alabama myself these idiots make our state look bad. I can assure all of you that most of the people from Alabama are not that stupid, but then again we are not acting from a script either. I could only bring myself to watch this Bamazon show but one time. Let me say the Discovery Channel has fallen so far down to publish crap shows like this that have absolutely Nothing to do with Mining.
QUOTE]

So Bamazon is to Alabama as Jersey Shore is to New Jersey?

Lanny in AB

Gold Member
Apr 2, 2003
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Various Minelabs(5000, 2100, X-Terra 705, Equinox 800, Gold Monster), Falcon MD20, Tesoro Sand Shark, Gold Bug Pro, Makro Gold Racer.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
From what I'm reading, and from what most of you are saying, it should have been named DramaZon!

All the best,

Lanny

Ace2010

Sep 22, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
When are they going to make one of these gold shows with just a bunch of pretty women in creeks panning for gold in bikini's? I would watch that.

mattfink

Dec 23, 2012
Cottage Grove, MN
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 800
Minelab excalibur ii
Whites surfmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't understand why if you go digging for gold in a 3rd world country do you have to use third world equipment I mean come on bring some garrett pans for crap sake. atleast something modern...their using a junk sluicebox and a ghetto classifier......dumb!!!!!

Ace2010

Sep 22, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I don't understand why if you go digging for gold in a 3rd world country do you have to use third world equipment I mean come on bring some garrett pans for crap sake. atleast something modern...their using a junk sluicebox and a ghetto classifier......dumb!!!!!
Yeah, and the riffles were packed with 3 inches of clay over the top of them 5 minutes after they started washing mud.The gold was just washing right on out on top of packed clay.I'm from Alabama myself, I'm far from being an expert but I think I could have put my dredge in that river behind the rocks their raft was hung up on and got more gold than all these clowns.
If they were going to the trouble of getting a backhoe into the jungle, why not take a trommel or decent washplant?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions