What's new

Banded Slate Anchor Pendant

IlliniGuy

Full Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2012
Messages
195
Reaction score
187
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I found this several years ago. It is the only complete (or nearly so) piece of banded slate I have found. The top appears to have been broken and salvaged.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
That's an interesting find! Cool! :icon_thumleft:
 
Very cool piece
 
Thanks Guys. This was from the first field I ever got permission to hunt. Unfortunately the owner planted the whole thing in walnut trees a couple of years later.
 
very nice....interesting bottom on it :icon_thumright:
 
Really nice find and welcome to TreasureNet.....There are a lot of fantastic artifacts like that in Il and Mo....
 
Great find! I am still looking for a pendant myself. I have a large wish list.
 
That is a fine looking pendant. Walnut tree's are a long term family investment. Imagine what all was in that field. I like seeing the drill holes. Very nice find.
Happy Holidays !
 
That is a fine looking pendant. Walnut tree's are a long term family investment. Imagine what all was in that field. I like seeing the drill holes. Very nice find.
Happy Holidays !
You're right TnM, it was a multicomponent site that I had really just begun to understand then it was gone. Whats there will be there for a long time.
 
Super nice find Illiniguy, looks like a mustache pendant, not that there is such thing as one, but thats what it looks like to me!
Thats quite unique! It would be my center piece.
 
Great find.Thanks for the look.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom