What's new

Bank "Cut Me Off"

AU24K

Platinum Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Nov 19, 2006
Messages
15,505
Reaction score
14,105
Golden Thread
0
Location
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bank "Cut Me Off"

I had opened an account at a fairly large bank about 3 months ago. I told them from jump street that I was a CRHer. "No problem," they said.
So after starting light, only a couple of hundred in $1 bills and a box of pennies every other week everything was going smooth.
I never dumped back at the pick up bank, but did dump at a different branch.
Last Friday I go to get my usual $200 in ones and decide to get 2 boxes of pennies. The vault teller comes out and tells me that the boxes were for "business accounts only." From now on, I assumed.
They let me have the 2 boxes but not anymore. They said that businesses wanted boxes and not hand rolled. I can follow "the logic" of that statement.
"OK. I'll take 2 box equivalent of your hand rolled." Wish I would have said that, but I was so bummed at the time I couldn't think.
Maybe I'll find another branch and see what they say.
Boy, first time I ever been cut off from a bank...

Scott
 
Upvote 0
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Well, they told you how to get around that didn't they?

Just open a business account.
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Are the boxes coming from vault inventory? Maybe have them order an extra for you each week, instead of depleting what they have on-hand.
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Basically the same thing happened to me. About eight months ago I opened up an account at a large national bank and at the time of opening the account, I was as honest with the CSR as I possibly could and explained my hobby and asked if there would be any problem ordering halves from them and was assured that would not be a problem. After opening the account, the second time I went in to pick up and order, the vault teller informed me that there would be a fee for future orders. I then went to the branch manager who sided with the vault teller. Well to shorten the story, I then informed them that to succeed in this hobby I needed supply banks and dump banks and by their choice they had just become a dump bank. Been dumping there on a regular basis ever since. They have several other branches in and around town and dump at them as well. It has actually worked out well for me as I have two supply banks and would never dump on them. So Scott look at it as a good thing and take advantage of it. HH

FL Junkman
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Ok.
So I went backto the bank last Friday and bought $25 of their customer hand rolled pennies. I try to play by the rules if I know the rules...
Final tally was about 5-6 wheaties, an "extra thumb" formative years, another 1998 WAM, and my first 2000 WAM.
I also pulled about 300 coppers.
Not too bad, I guess...

Scott
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Whata's the extra thumb formative years? I haven't heard of that one. A DDO I assume?? Which thunb?
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

The top one is the extra thumb. The bottom is a normal cent.


Scott
 

Attachments

  • Lincoln-Error.webp
    Lincoln-Error.webp
    21.6 KB · Views: 664
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

I agree with the " there are only two types of banks, supply or dump" -so make it a dump bank
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Just finished my second hand rolled box and only 2 wheaties, but scored a 1999 WAM!!!

Scott
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

AU24K said:
Just finished my second hand rolled box and only 2 wheaties, but scored a 1999 WAM!!!

Scott
Now you know we have to see a pic! :icon_thumright:
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Pics coming soon. Also it was about 20% coppers pulled. Around $5 or 500 pennies.

Scott
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

This is the best picture I could get.

What do y'all think it would grade?

Scott
 

Attachments

  • 1999 WAM.webp
    1999 WAM.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 420
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Is this any better?

Scott
 

Attachments

  • 1999WAM.webp
    1999WAM.webp
    22.9 KB · Views: 406
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Good enough. Nice job on the 99 WAM. Some people think they have the real deal, when in fact it is wishful "seeing". Without the FG indicator, it won't pass muster. For those that don't know what I'm referring to, check out this link (http://www.lincolncentresource.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6022). They have some excellent photos of what to look for.
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

So,
What do you think it would grade?
Is it worth slabbing?
Thanks!

Scott
 
Re: Bank "Cut Me Off"

Hard to tell you grade without examining it personally. I had mine slabbed. The potential value of the coin says slab it.
HH
Gilbert
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom