Bank cut me off

Solid Rolls

May 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've had real good luck at medium sized banks, but that's just me.

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
since obviously they need nickels or don't like ordering you nickels, I think 3 boxes a week is a good starting point to dump there, just work your way up from there!
HH
Buff

agme

Feb 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they cut you off from ordering, will they later cut you off from dumping?
That's happened to me a few times. Be carefull with the heavy dumping. You don't want to shoot your other foot.

Yinzi50

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The key word here is "small". A small bank (about 10 branches, two branches with coin machine) which I know pays 5% for the coins coming in and going out. Their customers get charged for 5% for dumping coins in the coin counter. One branch ordered me 1 box of pennies and told me no more. However I am allowed to buy their bags from their machine as many as I want because I save 5% of shipping fee for them. They are trying to sell me the quarter bag ($1000) every time I am in this branch. Shipping a bag of quarter will cost them $50. I only want to buy penny, nickel, and dime. Quarter boxes are very dry in my area so I don't have too much hope for the bag either.

Recently this bank became a member of Fed Reserve (not every small bank belongs to Fed Reserve system) so they can get coins once a week for free from the Fed. But shipping back still costs them. Most small banks don't have a flat fee deal with Armoured truck company like midsized or large banks. I may ask them about ordering coin again and maybe pay the truck fee.

So if I were you, I will just be grateful and move on. Or ask if they have a coin machine so you can buy bags from their machine (saving money for them). If you try to dump on them, your account will be closed soon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Sleazyj

Mar 2, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yeah they have a coin counter in the lobby of 3 banks. I will still dump there all the time. I'm going into the navy September so they will get 3 months of constant dumps

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As far as I know, NO bank gets coin from the fed. Most banks tend to use the word "fed" a lot. They get their coins from the armored car carrier they have a contract with.

They keep wanting to sell you a bag of quarters. What happens if that bag is short? A lot of lobby coin counters are not that accurate. I used to own a "back office" bank coin counter. It takes a lot of cleaning to keep it in good shape. coins are dirty. a clean machine is very accurate.

Merc Crazy

May 31, 2012
West Chester, PA
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm just gonna leave this here, by the way...

580111_392806897427807_192181164157049_1077070_1728458319_n.jpg

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
They are trying to sell me the quarter bag ($1000) every time I am in this branch. Shipping a bag of quarter will cost them $50.

You can build a good relationship if you take the bag, you can always dump the clad somewhere.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread