What's new

Bank finally went and did it today...

mm12000

Full Member
Joined
May 18, 2007
Messages
112
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Today I went to turn in my rejects, and the branch manager gets mad, says that "You said you would not be bringing THOSE in anymore," apparently referring to the 400 I brought in the other day. ::) I ask him where he heard that, and he says the teller told him. I told him that he was mistaken, which seemed to make him angrier. He said "Well, if you want to turn those in, I am going to have to start charging you 10 a bag." I laughed, said "you're joking, right? You guys have me on Credit cards, checking, AND my job deposits with you, and you wanna give me Sh*& about less than 1300 dollars worth of coins a month, which costs you like, 10 extra bucks, tops?" Guy says, "Yeah, please put them in these bags too." >:( LOL. So, I call corporate, they don't know anything about fee, they call him, he gets mad at them. I finally decide to let it go, and go to a different branch, where I talked to their manager first, who said "Just call me beforehand, and try not to bring more than $500 a week." That is FAR more reasonable, don't you think? 8)
 
Upvote 0
That sucks mm. I haven't had anyone actually get angry with yet. Isn't it funny how most of these places are making tons of money off us with accounts, loans, etc., yet they get all worked up over some coins? I'd be very, very surprised if they were paying a per-box/bag fee for receiving or shipping coins. I've hinted at this with a few tellers but haven't haven't coaxed out any details yet. Good luck with the new branch.
 
That bites that you have to go through that MM. Sorry to hear that.

What gets to me is these people run a bank and coins are U.S. currency.....money. Money is any banks business. I could understand if you didn't have an account but that is not the case here. It is just the fact they they are bulkier...heavier than paper money.....takes more time to handle them. It may be somewhat of a pain in the backside to them but still they are a bank. That is what they do.

When they get a certain dollar amount they either send them to a main bank or the Feds.

Good luck to you.
 
Right on LJ. Isn't it sad that to most people, "money" is just a number that shows up when they check their account balance online? I hate to think that some day, plastic will be the only form of "money". And I fear that I'm young enough that I'll live to see it.
 
Fantastic posts from everyone.

A call to the higher-ups usually takes care of this problem, but it's a shame that we must even deal with this issue.
 
I have dumped about $3000 at one bank in 4 days in the coin machine. Well 2 tellers were nice about it when I told them I had more and they might as well stick around to change the bag again. They only hold $500. Well they have one (I am going to try and be politically correct here) disgruntled, weight challenged fake blond teller that wasn't to happy to change the bags on the third day. She said she was just curious (trying to act nice but fishing) as to were I am getting all the halves because I brought in a lot ($900) the day before (luckily she didn't know I dropped another $1100 2 days earlier..LOL). I told her I get them at banks, stores etc. She says this machine is really more for the piggy bank type people and it costs them money to ship coins back. I am crying inside for her thinking, I'm so sorry for your bank that has to pull some money out of their billions in profit to send them back..again,....LOL.
Bottom Line
I am waiting for her to "officially tell me the rules and then I will ask her if that is official bank policy and if so I will double check with the branch manager and corporate. I mean come on, I started an account there 3 weeks ago and have the hefty sum of $25 in there. I should get something for my money, again, ....LOL.
ALSO:
Someone else is dumping there also. I started a new bag and only put in $80. The next day it only went to $60 and they had to change it. I think only a CRHer would be putting in another $360 or so in halves.

I'll keep you guys abreast of the situation.
 
As with my brother, I have only started this hobby a little over a month ago. I started working with my bank of 20+ years then found that I needed another. I went across the street and asked about boxes and what to do with them when I was done. She said I would need an account. Done deal. I put 5 bux in it....
My regular bank has a coin counter in the lobby. If you put less than 200 bux a day in it they won't charge you. I have to divide a box into three days to take it back there but that works. With the bank I opened an account with......bring the coins back in a bag (loose) and when they have $1000 worth she will send them back. This bank is so good to me she has me on the regular order list to get a box a week. My regular bank gets two at a time. I get one, return it then get the second with my name on it. I also put a third bank in the mix. Order, (she gets two at a time) re-roll and return to get the second box. Not a problem. So far I have it working pretty good. I hate to see people having the problems with returning them. I know it's got to cost someone.........BUT AS LONG AS IT'S NOT US WHO CARES....EHEHEHE.
 
And Also..................

I also asked her about buying a $500 bag of quarters. she said NO. Her reason, because I will look through them and just bring them back. If I get them from them and bring them back, nothing gained, nothing lost. I didn't want to tell her another teller offered to sell me a bag of halves. I need to find out her day off.
 
mm12000 said:
.........coins a month, which costs you like, 10 extra bucks, tops?" Guy says, "Yeah, please put them in these bags too." >:( LOL. So, I call corporate, they don't know anything about fee, they call him, he gets mad at them. I finally.....
One of the managers where I have an account told me they have a contract for so many pickups per month, it does not matter how much they ship or receive. The cost is for how many times the truck comes to visit per month.

In their advertising brochure it says I can deposit upto $10,000 in cash/coin per month.
 
awhitster said:
Well they have one (I am going to try and be politically correct here) disgruntled, weight challenged fake blond teller that wasn't to happy to change the bags on the third day.

Bring her a biscuit.
 
bscofield6 said:
awhitster said:
Well they have one (I am going to try and be politically correct here) disgruntled, weight challenged fake blond teller that wasn't to happy to change the bags on the third day.

Bring her a biscuit.
I was thinking a handfull of hay and an apple. ;D
 
cyberdan said:
bscofield6 said:
awhitster said:
Well they have one (I am going to try and be politically correct here) disgruntled, weight challenged fake blond teller that wasn't to happy to change the bags on the third day.

Bring her a biscuit.
I was thinking a handfull of hay and an apple. ;D

And one of those things that covered up their face / eyes.... Not to stop her from seeing, but to stop others from seeing her.
 
Banks are a humbug!

They hand you an umbrella when the sun is shining and want it back when the rain starts to fall.

Currency is their business. They complain about getting too many coins and then wimper like little puppies when there's a coin shortage (was it pennies last time)?

They should take it and not charge you a dime. It's an even exchange of currency and you're their customer for crying out loud!

Banks figure you serve them and not vice versa. Parasites.

You got a credit union near you? They tend to have less attitude than banks and some of them actually believe in being helpful.

Banks are getting ready to take a bath on all these mortgage foreclosures too. And you know they're going to pass the loss on to you in the form of higher fees, the black-hearted swines. Gotta keep that little pug of a manager in his job, don't we?

Almost makes you want to start burying your cash rather than put it in the bank and to heck with inflation.

I know, all you cache hunters would love that. :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom