What's new

Bank forgot to order

Cat J

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2007
Messages
789
Reaction score
4
Golden Thread
0
Location
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX; Whites Sufe Master PI Pro
What are the chances two different banks in two different towns forgot to order my half dollars.

Ok so nothing to do ... I went and picked up ten rolls of dimes. NADA

ten rolls of nickles
1942
1943
1943
1951
1962
1959
1939
1946
1957
1946
1961
1946
1956
1948
1949
1939
1929
1939
1940
1940

I will have to let my eyes recover and then I can look at the ten rolls of pennies.

Thanks
Cat
 
Upvote 0
Cat J said:
I will have to let my eyes recover and then I can look at the ten rolls of pennies.

Thanks
Cat

Buy a lighted magnifying glass! Saves on eye strain and you can search quicker.
 
Those 42's and 43's silver? If so that is one hell of a percentage:-)

Also check your 2005 buffalo nickels for the speared bison. If you arent familer google and look at a picture. They are easy to check and pretty valuable.

-K
 
Hey Cat, I too am experiencing the same thing. I don't quite get it sometimes, my bank asks me how many boxes I want to order. I decide to move from 2 boxes to 4 per week and the next week they tell me that they have not come in yet. this happens a few more weeks and just yesterday a teller asked me how many boxes were supposed to be in the vault. I tell him maybe 2 0f 4. he comes back with one. I wonder if they only ordered one or other people are buying the boxes? I still appreciate that the banks are ordering boxes for me but it is still frustrating because I haven't been able to have any consistancy this year at all. I know how you feel

Pat Pall
 
Well I really can't complain I have searched 118 boxes this year and have been away most of this month. Just that now I am home and I want my boxes to search. Guess this weekend I will clean the house and bath some dogs. LOL
Much rather find silver.

Thanks
Cat
 
Did you really find a 1929 Buffalo nickel or was that a typo? That's a good coin to pull out of only ten rolls, especially with all the other older nickels listed
 
Yep the only typo was that it was 20 rolls not ten. Sorry about that. Want to see a photo of it? it is pretty used.

Thanks
Cat
 
Ok here it is. Hopfully you can read the date it is hard to see.

Thanks
Cat
 

Attachments

  • buffalo nickle.webp
    buffalo nickle.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 204
Alot of the time my bank forgets to order. Or the supplier is out. What I really think that means is the bank didn't have enough coins to send out or didn't need any coins, so they didn't want to make a special order.

HH.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom