Bank tokens value?

R

rvbvetter

Recently i dug a token that was from a bank that was in business in the 1800's in Sacramento, Calif. Which is about 60 miles from where i live. And it folded around the turn of the century. It has a picture of the bank on one side, and on the other side it says, if you deposit $5.oo and leave it for a year the bank will kick in .50 cents at the end.
The banks name was Peoples Savings Bank.

My question is, how would you , or could you find out it's value? HH

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

Yeah! Very similiar. Same set up. Different building on the front and a little more printed on the back of mine. Says compounded and such and such.
But basicly the same. Thanks! WTG!!!!

Did you happen to see what they were going for?

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

Similiar again. Looks to have been a common bank practice back then.
Mine's nearly the size of a half dollar. So i guess there probably all about that size.

Thanks Stoney, for the site and info.

This is the token that i dug, when bergie and i went detcting. And that he posted about, along with a picture of what the bank looked like. HH

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not a problem. 8) I've also got one that is from a bank in Oklahoma City that I dug. I'm guessing it must have been made sometime after the Depression to help get interest back in trusting banks.

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
This piece is listed in Charles Kappen's California Tokens book as Sacramento #457. He shows a $3.00 catalog value for it, but keep in mind that the book was written in 1976 and "book values" are subject to a lot of change. John in ID

OP
OP
R

rvbvetter

? ? ? ? ? ?Great info!!? ? ? Are you? "SURE"? there wasn't 4 more 0's in that value price?? ;D

? ? ?Wishful thinking,? huh?? ? ? ? ? ? Thanks? John? ? ? ? HH

? ? ? ?Did it happen to say when they were issued by this bank ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread