What's new

banks are really tight around here

Lucky Jack

Jr. Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2007
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
It seems like every bank I go to now asks if I have an account there when I ask to buy halves. I went to Wells Fargo on Monday and the teller said she would order a box for me. (I don't have an account but she said she'd do it anyway) I went in today to pick them up and the teller asks immediately if I've got an account, I said no but that the other teller said she would order them anyway. This new teller goes to the vault and comes back empty handed and says "sorry I guess they didn't get ordered after all, but if you'd like to open an account with $100 I'll order you one next week". Is the competition so fierce in banking that they won't do anything for the average guy off the street? Now it's Friday afternoon and I've got no halves to search, I'm going to have to hit the road and find some before I get the shakes.
 
Upvote 0
jl2695 said:
It seems like every bank I go to now asks if I have an account there when I ask to buy halves. I went to Wells Fargo on Monday and the teller said she would order a box for me. (I don't have an account but she said she'd do it anyway) I went in today to pick them up and the teller asks immediately if I've got an account, I said no but that the other teller said she would order them anyway. This new teller goes to the vault and comes back empty handed and says "sorry I guess they didn't get ordered after all, but if you'd like to open an account with $100 I'll order you one next week". Is the competition so fierce in banking that they won't do anything for the average guy off the street? Now it's Friday afternoon and I've got no halves to search, I'm going to have to hit the road and find some before I get the shakes.


I have had a couple of banks offer to buy boxes for me when I did not have an account at their bank and I have taken them up on it. But if you really think about it, why should the bank offer you services for free if you are not their customer?

Right now I have accounts at all the banks where I regularly buy boxes. If the bank is going to incur some expenses having my boxes shipped weekly, it seems reasonable to me that I should at least have some of my money in their bank, even if it is only a $100 account like you mentioned.

Wait until you are a customer at a bank with a few accounts and the ba$tard$ decide they want to charge you a per box fee for halves, even though you have been a good customer there for several years. That is tight!

My advice is open an account at each bank you buy boxes from (on a regular basis). In my experience the tellers' attitudes will stay "happier" towards you over time if they know you are helping their employer stay in business and thus helping them keep their jobs, etc., by banking there.

Jim
 
It pays to always get a name. If you had gone back to that bank with a name and asked for that teller she probably would have made the exchange no questions asked. I would even go back maybe incognito (spelling) and look for that same teller. Ask her about those halves and if they actually got ordered. Good chance the other teller was lieing so that you might open an account. Don't think they do not. I have seen tellers lie right in front of me to another customer. Good Luck

-Golden Silver
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom