What's new

Banks Told Me Too Bad So Sad

usatc

Jr. Member
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
90
Reaction score
25
Golden Thread
0
Location
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just started getting into CRH and my first haul went well ($3,000, 2 boxes gave quite a few and the rest were rest skunks). I tried calling today to see if my next $3,000 I ordered two weeks ago came in and the teller told me that the manager said I could only order $1,000 more and from then on I had to get another source (and my last order never got submitted). I tried two other banks in my area of the same branch and one told me that if I wanted any I'd have to pay "fees" and the other bank told me they don't order halves for people anymore.

Is this a new thing? I was so looking forward to collecting these and in one day my hopes were all shot down! Any help (please)?
 
Upvote 0
Just keep hitting new banks. You will be bound to find a bank that has halves. If not...a little road trip may be in order.
 
My guess is that they don't want to pay to order the coins for you or they have been overburdened by orders for halves throughout the area/region and it is a new bank policy. They could also have been burned by some a**hole who bought a bunch and dumped them at the same branch so they have had enough. It could be a combination of all of those factors, or others, I just can't think of any right now. I order my halves from the banks that I have mortgages with (I am a real-estate investor in addition to my regular job) and if they ever come back to me and say that they can't order any more coins for me boy do they have another thing coming!!! My theory is that if I pay them thousands of dollars a year in interest the least they can do is order me some coins!!! Good luck finding a new supply bank my friend! :icon_thumleft:

HH,

$ilver$urfer :hello:
 
I don't even order halves anymore but I was chatting with a friendly teller the other day at my bank. I asked her if they had a lot of people ordering halves. She said that they had to pull the plug on ordering because they literally had a dozen guys wanting to order halves each week. It was just getting too costly for them. I have no idea if she is telling the truth. I don't see why should would lie to me about it though since she knows that I don't order halves anymore.
 
mts said:
I don't even order halves anymore but I was chatting with a friendly teller the other day at my bank. I asked her if they had a lot of people ordering halves. She said that they had to pull the plug on ordering because they literally had a dozen guys wanting to order halves each week. It was just getting too costly for them. I have no idea if she is telling the truth. I don't see why should would lie to me about it though since she knows that I don't order halves anymore.

The bank that I normally order from has informed all of the people that ordered half dollars, that they are now unable to
do so. That is except me :laughing7:, the vault manager is a good friend of mine.
 
phrostie said:
might as well throw in the towel and quit while you're ahead.

I have tried 2 different districts now and haven't found 1 40% anywhere for over three months. I threw in the towel and used the money to buy .999 rounds.

I found that I wasn't having any fun and it was starting to cost me time and money
to get rid of the dumps. I have more important things to do with my time, like spending with wife, going through my coin collection and categorizing everything.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the hobby when I would find just one 40%, but nothing after three months kinda tells ya the hole went dry. I don't know how silvercop keeps doing it...
 
FreedomUIC said:
phrostie said:
might as well throw in the towel and quit while you're ahead.

I have tried 2 different districts now and haven't found 1 40% anywhere for over three months. I threw in the towel and used the money to buy .999 rounds.

I found that I wasn't having any fun and it was starting to cost me time and money
to get rid of the dumps. I have more important things to do with my time, like spending with wife, going through my coin collection and categorizing everything.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the hobby when I would find just one 40%, but nothing after three months kinda tells ya the hole went dry. I don't know how silvercop keeps doing it...

I'm with you. I've found 1 40% half in all the boxes I've searched. I gave up and only do customer rolls now. Still very little silver but it sure beats having to dump all of those skunks. I pretty much buy the silver that I want or look for it underground with my detector. I figure it is just as fun. I'd love to get the returns that silvercop and many of the folks here get. But it just isn't going to happen without driving myself insane.
 
Yeah, quit stressing it guys... I actually am glad I don't have access to boxes of halves, because they are a huge ball and chain;.

Not to mention, now that the fed had culled a large amount of silver halves and copper pennies, the percentages have gone way down... and will continue to do so..
It's someones law or soemthing.. what's his name the law of...___
 
not to mention the feds have been investigating major corporations sifting halves claiming tax evasion, etc.
OF COURSE they know.

I suggest finding a well paying job, and saving whatever way you can... A few guns, a couple water barrells, some gas storage tanks, and reliable vehicles and family.
 
Happened to me a couple times :dontknow: I never had any trouble ordering, it was the dumping that got to be a problem, but things did dry up anyway and I don't have the time to roam out on a road trip, even thats a long shot ...I've often wondered, since halves are virtually never even circulated, and just think of how many people are out there CRHing.....I'd like to know how much of the total count of Pre-64 halves have been searched?
 
Ju8vP3t said:
Happened to me a couple times :dontknow: I never had any trouble ordering, it was the dumping that got to be a problem, but things did dry up anyway and I don't have the time to roam out on a road trip, even thats a long shot ...I've often wondered, since halves are virtually never even circulated, and just think of how many people are out there CRHing.....I'd like to know how much of the total count of Pre-64 halves have been searched?

You're in Sausalito & you have problems dumping? I'm in the Peninsula & it's definitely dried up for me. I never have problems dumping. Ordering is harder for me but now it's all dried. I'm transitioning to pennies. I tried to spend $25 in rolled up cents at Costco and they only let me use like $4 bucks worth. I was upset so I plan to show up there more often to buy with smaller amounts of zincolns.
 
All you have to do is find one good bank. I've found a great bank for ordering from, and I'm gonna go talk to the branch managers at each location (There's only three) and set it up so I get 6 boxes a week.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom