scuba1970
Jr. Member
Have found many broken ones but was not expecting this. We've had a lot rain and went out to a site that I've found archaic thru hopewell items on one half and this was washed out in gravel. Wasn't where I would have expected either. Was in an area where an old house site sat. I usually metal detect that area and had walked over to it to see if any marbles or bottle tops had washed out. Glad I did, next rain may have washed it into ditch.

Found in IL close to St Louis MO. I can't put down and been carrying around basically since found. I've been lucky and found quite a few broken ones, one unfinished one and one other complete that was whole but sold it a few years ago. Have always dreamed of finding a quartz one.
I always feel that a flint artifact find is always prettiest when it first comes out of the dirt and feel that it is more accurate to what it looked like when it was first found. Looking at the pictures again it looks like it might have some tally marks or indentations along the ridge. Almost looks like a spinal column. Find some more!
Glad it made the banner. 







