scuba1970
Jr. Member
Have found many broken ones but was not expecting this. We've had a lot rain and went out to a site that I've found archaic thru hopewell items on one half and this was washed out in gravel. Wasn't where I would have expected either. Was in an area where an old house site sat. I usually metal detect that area and had walked over to it to see if any marbles or bottle tops had washed out. Glad I did, next rain may have washed it into ditch.





this is my first quartz piece I've ever found besides broken chunks of quartz so wondered about finish of it. I wish were shiny but know if was probably would have been broken which would be my luck. I wonder also if what farmer uses on field effects surface? Sure it does to some extent. I've metal detected coins from same area that are covered in hard deposits.. Mostly silver coins and the copper coins are almost all but destroyed






