gbpackrfan1990

Feb 2, 2012
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejan; Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Banner Day For Me!!! - Civil War Saber Belt Plate and Vermont Button!

Somewhere in Virginia... there was a few surprises waiting to be found!!!

Finds Include:

M.1851 Officers Saber Belt plate (1864 variety)
Coat Vermont Button (scoville mfg *waterbury*)
3 eagle buttons (2 cuff & 1 coat)
Enfield Trigger
Confederate Bayonet scabbard tip
Belt adjuster
1826 Large Cent
New York Cuff Button
6 flat buttons
Boot Heel Plate
2 Awning Tacks
16 bullets (2 .69 cal round balls; 1 69 cal 3 ring; 11 3 ringers; 1 pistol ball; and 1 enfield)
1 thimble
1 harmonica reed
1 1952 silver dime

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    380.5 KB · Views: 222
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    382.4 KB · Views: 212
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    319.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    384.1 KB · Views: 222
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:
Upvote 28
Sheez. Wha?!? Beauty finds and quite a day indeed. Not much left for the imagination after a day like that.

Congrats

Steve

Thanks guys! This was in a well known site too, people have been hunting this place for 40 years apparently. I was beyond shocked to have this kind of luck!

These were today's finds!?

These were today's finds!?

Well, we hunted last night around 6pm and I found 7 bullets, the Vermont button, the eagle cuff, and the 1826 large cent. Then we went back around 7am and I found 9 more bullets, the m.1851 officers saber belt plate, two eagle buttons, a New York button, and a bayonet scabbard tip.

Incredible,, Virginia saw so much Civil War Traffic.
Is there another southern state that saw more movement of troops through it's state lines?

Oh and the Enfield trigger and the boot heel plate were both found today as well.

Unbelievable collection ya got Packer.....Great story

Last edited:
I was there,........ wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it,.................. BEAUTIFUL plate!!

I can't think of one! But some of the western campaign states saw quite a bit of action as well

That's a Banner day for most of us, Awesome day!!

Speechless!!!!!!!!! What a great hunt!!!:occasion14:

Must have been some beginners searching that site for 40 yrs. Especially to miss a plate that big! I must say, a beauty! Congrats!

Must have been some beginners searching that site for 40 yrs. Especially to miss a plate that big! I must say, a beauty! Congrats!

Thanks! They started bull dozing the site, and I found the plate in the yard of the old house. I believe the site used to be a hospital during the civil war, there really isn't much left!

Thanks! They started bull dozing the site, and I found the plate in the yard of the old house. I believe the site used to be a hospital during the civil war, there really isn't much left!

Especially after you got finished digging :laughing7:

yeah that's a great day for sure, love all the lead and the belt plate is cool too!, the heal plate and LC are awesome!, goodjob on all the awesomeness!!

Good day great job!

Hell of a day! Hell of a site. I'd go often and stay long. Thanks for sharing. Let us know what else you pull from there. I wouldn't think it has been hunted to hard.

Very well done. Congrats.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back