deldave

Jul 9, 2013
coastal Delaware
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, ACE 250, pro-pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This surface find was out of my league as a detectorist and beachcomber. When i saw this sitting in the surf on the sand and approached it I was shocked to realize I knew what it was right away. This comes from someone who has never been able to find a complete point of any sort in my 65 yrs of searching ( i was born to search!). It is so symmetrical and the hole is true and centered (it was packed with sand when I found it). I washed it in plain water and now I am going to see about getting it authenticated and appraised. This comes a couple weeks after finding this 1797 1/2cent in a soybean field.I am in the process of having it evaluated also. You know I have worked many hours to find these items and it looks like this may be my best year ever.HH

Attachments

• DSCF0020.JPG
    DSCF0020.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 672
  • DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 468
  • DSCF0009.JPG
    DSCF0009.JPG
    4.8 MB · Views: 486
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    4.7 MB · Views: 495
  • DSCF0018.JPG
    DSCF0018.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 553
  • DSCF0016.JPG
    DSCF0016.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 476
Upvote 68

MichiganMan

Jun 13, 2008
Kalamazoo County, Michigan
Detector(s) used
A cheap one until I can decide on a very good brand-name one to buy.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet fine! I lived with a family that owned a piece of property here in Michgan back in the early 1980's and we found a bannerstone like that one but it was more triangular shaped, different type of stone, and had a hole about the same. I do not know what happened to it. The farm is supposedly on an Indian Campground. That is what was told to me back in the 80's. The family that owns it now is very strict about hunting on it.
We found other artifacts too. I think we found a round stone-like object about the size of a nickel to a quarter that we figured was some type of game piece.
We would usually look for stuff after a buddy would plow the about 10 acre field. I sure wish I had not been doing other things at that time. I would have a huge collection of artifacts.

Last edited:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congratulations on achieving your first Tnet BANNER with your Bannerstone find Dave! :occasion14:

In all honesty, your 1797 Half Cent might have been special enough on it's own to get nominated! :thumbsup:

Best of luck trying to top a 'BANNERSTONE' find,
Dave

Rubka888

Jun 13, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't believe so many people know what a bannerstone is? I sure didn't. But I'm glad I know now! That's why I love this site. What a cool find!

Steve in PA

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
Pittsburgh, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, XP Deus, Equinox 600, Fisher 1270
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Two amazing finds there. Big congrats!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This surface find was out of my league as a detectorist and beachcomber. When i saw this sitting in the surf on the sand and approached it I was shocked to realize I knew what it was right away. This comes from someone who has never been able to find a complete point of any sort in my 65 yrs of searching ( i was born to search!). It is so symmetrical and the hole is true and centered (it was packed with sand when I found it). I washed it in plain water and now I am going to see about getting it authenticated and appraised. This comes a couple weeks after finding this 1797 1/2cent in a soybean field.I am in the process of having it evaluated also. You know I have worked many hours to find these items and it looks like this may be my best year ever.HH

WOW!
Man to cool!
I just found my first 90% complete point last month in 40 years of ground staring .
A piece like that is a dream piece as in the Half Cent .

Ill have to look up just what a 'Banner Stone' is.

WOW!!!!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Find of a lifetime! I know several head hunters that have been looking for years and years and never even found a broken one. I have only one that I found after a big flood 24 years ago. Another banner vote headed your way - Good luck!

Would that be the Tropical Storm that Flooded Macon? Barely got wet in that one here in N Atlanta.
Glad you found one , i'm still searching for exactly what it is, but ill find out soon.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Killer finds, congratulations! :occasion14:

Love the condition of the 1/2 cent; still a lot of detail! :icon_thumleft:

Kbcon

May 18, 2018
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
At pro
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know what a banner Stone was until tonight so my first thought of it being a stone age propeller sounds not so ******ed

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Gods must like you. Those are museum pieces My Museum lol

BLK HOLE

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2017
Northern Virginia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT MAX/AT PRO/GPX-4500, Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer,NEL Attack Coil, Lesche diggers, and the custom made in the USA Freeloader Pack Mule Pouch!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am always learning something on this site, now I know what a bannerstone is!! And now that I know what one is I can clearly say BANNER VOTE for me!

Hillbilly Prince

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2018
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett All Terrain Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, once again I learned something. That is fantastic.
How rare those must be. And each one is unique.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread