What's new

Barber Half!

hunting deer

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 21, 2010
Messages
565
Reaction score
1,305
Golden Thread
0
Location
West central Indiana.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max and Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a first for me tonight. A 1900 Barber Half Dollar! I gained permission a few weeks back to a patch of woods that contained houses in the early 1900's. I'd only been there once before. It's actually a steep hillside and the houses were built into the lower part of the hill. The old foundations jutting out of the leaves here and there are all that's left of them. I decided to search higher up on the hill above the foundations. I got what I took to be a can signal and kicked the leaves and soft soil away. It was partly exposed and I thought it was a large aluminum token of some type. When I picked it up, I flipped it over and could see part of the eagle. It still seemed to light to me to be a coin though. I may have tried to dig it last time and missed it. I don't know. In any case it was just under the leaves only partly covered next to a rotting log. I vaguely remember getting a signal in the same place last time. :dontknow: It's my first Barber Half and my fifth half overall. Good Hunting! 005.webp006.webp009.webp010.webp
 
Upvote 58
Nice!!!

I find her little cousin yesterday...

Congrats!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
 

Attachments

  • 1458866292061.webp
    1458866292061.webp
    73.4 KB · Views: 153
Nice find. I hope to dig one someday
 
Thanks, I was hoping to dig one as well. I've seen a lot of them on here.
 
Last edited:
I was hoping to dig one as well. I've seen a lot of them on here.

Yeah, it seems like I see more Barber halves posted than Bens and maybe even Walkers
 
Great find. Congratulations. Hope you find many more
 
Nice large silver find! :occasion14:
 
Ain't that a beauty! Congrats
 
There must be a run on these. I pulled a 1905-S last Saturday. Congrats on the Barber half. :occasion14:
 
Grats on the silver large
 
What a thriller, that's a dream coin out here on the west coast
 
Damn nice find. I have only found one half in my time so far, and it was a barber. Nothing like that big silver lookin back atcha. Good shape!
 
Beautiful big silver my friend!!!!
 
Sweet, I'd love to find one of those!
 
Nice find. Barber halves don't come out of the ground that often. I've only found 2 in 35 years detecting. One of my buddies who's been detecting just as long has never found one. Way to go.
 
Congrats on your first Barber Half. Its always great to see that big silver come out of the hole.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom