BARBER QUARTER, FINALLY

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THIS IS PACO, I GOT OUT TO OUR FARM TODAY WITH KIRK AND THE ZOYMAN. OUR COLONIAL FIELD IS JUST GETTING TO OVER GROWN WITH CORN STALKS AND HIGH WEEDS. SO WE DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE AND WONDER THROUGH SOME HIGH GRASS MEDOWS. I HAVE GOT 2 HAND FULLS OF SILVER COINS FROM AN 1842 SEATED LIBERTY DOLLAR ON UP TO THE BORING ROSIE DIMES. BUT ONE COIN ON THE LIST THAT HAS ELUDED ME WAS THE BARBER QUARTER. KIRK, ZOYBOY, AND I ALL ARE GETTING COLONIALS, HALF CENTS, DRAPED AND CAPPED BUST COPPERS. I KEPT TELLING THOSE GUYS THESE FINDS ARE GREAT BUT I WANT A BARBER QUARTER!!!! UNTIL TODAY I NEARLY SH#T MY PANTS.
I GOT A READING OF 86 VDI ON MY MXT. I THOUGHT IT WAS GOING TO BE A CONNETICUT COPPER OR A LARGE 1700`S BUTTON. BUT BEFORE I DUG IT I WAS GETTING A CHOPPY LOW TONE ON MY MIXED MODE 2 TONE AUDIO MEANING IRON TARGET. BUT THEN I TURNED 90 DEGREES AND THE AND GOT THE HIGH TONE, 86 VDI. I THEN DUG THE PLUG AT 6in. AND GOT THE BARBER QUARTER I HAVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG FOR. I LOOKED BACK DOWN INTO THE PLUG AND THERE WAS A HUNK OF A BROKEN IRON FARM BOLT 2 INCHES BELOW WHERE THE QUARTER SAT. I WAIVED MY COIL BACK OVER THE PLUG AND GOT THE LOW TONE BACK AT A MINUS -46 VDI...TO MY SURPRISE IT MASKED THE IRON TARGET AND ALLOWED THE SILVER TO COME THRU.............
THANKS PACO.............

Barb.jpg

Upvote 0

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
It was an honor to see you find this qwatta, dude. You truly put the "P" in "Pro" and the "G" in "Great." :P

Your research is top-notch. I consider you in the same group with the best of them, such as Jimmy Sierra, Bub Buttafuso, Bub Lavoy, Grubby, etc. ;)

Dude, how does a trip on Thursdee sound? Give me a call, dude! :)

That MXT is already surpassing your last machine. Oh, good job on listening for that high tone! :D

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
sweeeet! i just dug my first last week. they sure look awesome coming out of the ground dont they! mine has some wear on it, yours looks to be in F if not XF. very very nice! congrats!

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Paco, you showed just how frickin' great you can be sometimes, especially on those lovely Sundee hunts! :-* Dudester, I am looking forward to many Colonials this Fall! ;) Paco dude, we must musty mustly detect until there aren't anymore coppers, relics, pottery shards, glass, etc. to be found! 8)

Mr. P, may all of your future sweeps in Mixed Mode audio be Flowing Hair silver dollars and may all of mine be rusty junk, rivets, and non-lubed bolts! :D

zoyster

Natman

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2007
Hazelwood, MO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm II, White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WTG on the BQ Paco..you gotta be one happy MDer!

Nat

OP
OP
PACO

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY THANKS NAT, I DON`T KNOW WHERE KIRK GOT THAT DANG PICTURE FROM..........HE DID MY POST FOR ME............THANKS AGAIN

OP
OP
PACO

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
YO KIRK, MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET THAT PIC OF ME OFF. HA HA HA
I LOOK A MOBSTER OR SOMETHING...... WELL THEN I GUESS THEY KNOW WHAT PACO LOOKS LIKE THEN............

Colonial Zoyboy

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2006
PA
Detector(s) used
White's XL Pro 6000
Paco, KirkPA wanted to introduce you to the forum! He said that he wanted the other dudes to see the dude who was behind the Barber quarter recovery.

OP
OP
PACO

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
HEY THANKS SAM, IT WAS A THRILL PULLING THAT ONE OUT...........PACO

OP
OP
PACO

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THANKS ZOY-MAN-STER, I GUESS THAT WILL WORK............

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
Paco, it looks like you are in full respone mode! Keep it up, dude!

By the way, I am drooling into my Cola cup right now and barking out, "Paco, the great. Paco, the great. Paco, you are great."

Kirkie

OP
OP
PACO

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
THANKS KIRK, YOU AND THE ZOYBING KEEP MY BLOOD FLOWING THRU MY VEINS LIKE A DRAGSTER........I THINK I WILL PUT MY BARBER UNDER MY PILLOW AND SLEEP WITH IT

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL
PACO said:
THANKS KIRK, YOU AND THE ZOYBING KEEP MY BLOOD FLOWING THRU MY VEINS LIKE A DRAGSTER........I THINK I WILL PUT MY BARBER UNDER MY PILLOW AND SLEEP WITH IT

By the way, everyone, we had about a half-hour conversation with one of the lovely landowners, Barb, but not Carl. We wish Carl a speedy recovery back into farming!

Paco, we should send him a "get well" card in the mail! What do you think?

OP
OP
PACO

PACO

Apr 1, 2007
Williamsport PA.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
GREAT IDEA KIRK ..........THURSDAY , THE GRIST MILL OR THE GHOST TOWN..............PACO

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KirkPA said:
PACO said:
GREAT IDEA KIRK ..........THURSDAY , THE GRIST MILL OR THE GHOST TOWN..............PACO

The town that dates back to Colonial times. Let me do some historical research, brotha.

Sounds cool,any chance of pics of site and shards and relics of the site.

Hope Quirkie finds wilver. ;D ;D ;D tinpan

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
Very nice Barber you have there, PACO!! Congrats to you. Out of all my silver this year, I've only found 3 of those babies. Hope your next BQ is a 1913S.

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread