sandchip
Silver Member
- #1
Thread Owner
Remodeled what used to be the only bathroom we had when we married 30 years ago. Early on, the 1940s POS cottage had 2 small bedrooms, this bath, one narrowass closet, and a small kitchen that included the water heater, washer, dryer and no cabinets. Oh, and add a boy and a girl to the mix who shared the "minipad" for 10 years. We eventually tripled the size of the house. By this time, the bathroom needed a going over again. I tore out everything including the floor joists and framed it the way it needed to be. Had the old fixtures refinished (new john, of course). I made the mirror frame from some old heart pine that I reclaimed from the original county jail that was built around 1830 and stuck the glass shelf on it that used to be on the wall. I told the missus this was gonna be a man's bathroom. No sissifying the one room I can claim. To make it official, I put some pieces of pottery in a case that had been boxed up for years, and hung it on the wall, centered under a recessed LED that just happens to also be positioned as my "reading light".



. Gives me very very good ideas on how to model the bathroom 






