Batten down the hatches, SADS.

FLORIDA KEYS PIRATE

Mar 29, 2016
Inverness FL.
Detector(s) used
Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stay safe ! Looks like it may head my way next around Fri Sat. If all goes well , I may have to hit the beach on Sun morning !

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looks like Audrey my wife is pretty happy it's only a cat 4........

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1475623708.559364.jpg

Salvor6

Silver Member
Feb 5, 2005
Port Richey, Florida
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, J.W. Fisher Proton 3, Pulse Star II, Detector Pro Headhunter, AK-47
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Long Island? Isn't that where Kevin lives?

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
Kevin,

It sounds as if you, your wife and dog plan to stay put and ride the storm out. If so, the best of luck to you all mate and everyone else in the Bahamas! I told you I had a bad feeling about this one and those fears are coming true. With the hurricane traversing some of the hottest waters where the Gulfstream and Atlantic meet, it is likely as stated by the NHC, that it will increase in strength. The million dollar question is: Will the High Pressure developing over the Eastern United States, the weak frontal boundary extending from off the New England coast to across Northern Florida and the mean (Steering) wind flow become strong enough to keep Matthew from slamming into Southeast Florida?? If it regains Category 4 strength or greater, then all bets are off as Tropical Systems of these strengths have been known to create their' own wind flow and path!

Frank

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would say "fasten your seatbelt"...
But in this case... It would be better to unbuckle your seat belt...

And just run.

ANYONE...REPEAT... Anyone...
IN OR NEAR...
ANY...
Possible path... REPEAT any POSSIBLE path...

Should be vigilant in preparations.

Do not take this OR ANY storm of this type lightly... in any way shape or form.
Do not underestimate changes in track being able to change tack / direction QUICKLY... this applies to ANY storm like this.
Do not "assume" anything... ever... when watching ANY storm.
Do not wait until you are told to prepare - EVEN if you are not in direct projected path.
Do not wait until the last minute to prepare... OR to leave when instructed to do so.

IF storm has "overcome you"... and you are "stuck" in place... Find a solid BLOCK or CONCRETE structurally sound corner and hold fast.
IF "overcome" on the interstate attempt refuge under off ramps and on ramps crevices.

IF you find yourself in EITHER of the above situations...
you may also want to...

Pray.

Last edited:

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say "fasten your seatbelt"...
But in this case... It would be better to unbuckle your seat belt...

And just run.

ANYONE...REPEAT... Anyone...
IN OR NEAR...
ANY...
Possible path... REPEAT any POSSIBLE path...

Should be vigilant in preparations.

Do not take this OR ANY storm of this type lightly... in any way shape or form.
Do not underestimate changes in track being able to change tack / direction QUICKLY... this applies to ANY storm like this.
Do not "assume" anything... ever... when watching ANY storm.
Do not wait until you are told to prepare - EVEN if you are not in direct projected path.
Do not wait until the last minute to prepare... OR to leave when instructed to do so.

IF storm has "overcome you"... and you are "stuck" in place... Find a solid BLOCK or CONCRETE structurally sound corner and hold fast.
IF "overcome" on the interstate attempt refuge under off ramps and on ramps crevices.

IF you find yourself in EITHER of the above situations...
you may also want to...

Pray.

Some may find your post as being "Over the Top" but I say it is appropriate considering the threat! All too often, most of the deaths from Hurricanes, Typhoons, Tornadoes, Severe Thunderstorms, Tsunamis, Flooding and Flash Flooding, is due to folks not heeding the Warnings and/or Evacuation Orders. Grant you that many folks are poor where some of the worst weather phenomenons occur and have no place to go or any way to evacuate but many others do and some could help those that don't.

Frank

liverock

May 23, 2008
LOCATION...22.1N 75.3W
ABOUT 70 MI...115 KM NNE OF CABO LUCRECIA CUBA
ABOUT 70 MI...115 KM S OF LONG ISLAND BAHAMAS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...120 MPH...195 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...NW OR 325 DEGREES AT 12 MPH...19 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...963 MB...28.44 INCHES

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread