Bazooka alternative.

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Since bazooka is done I found these guys.....
I'm not really a bazooka fan since I don't hit areas that it seems to be best fitted for and it won't work on beach material.

Looks like all is not lost for those of you that find these sluices usable in your particular style of sluicing.

Looks like it might be a good alternative. This is the biggest one they have I guess.

So far from what I have seen I'm not too impressed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 6.53.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-14 at 6.53.03 AM.png
    40.4 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:

agolddigger

Oct 28, 2016
California
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
after realizing my bazooka super mini was never going to come I considered getting this sluice. The design didn't seem as solid a zook so I ended up going with an Angus MacKirk foreman which I should be able to use in a wide number of conditions.

OP
OP
johnedoe

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the fluid bed, appears the inlets come in from the sides across the bed instead of the piping the bazooka has.

crabtree

Mar 4, 2012
Charleston, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah, I'm not too impressed with the fluid bed, appears the inlets come in from the sides across the bed instead of the piping the bazooka has.

That, in itself, is not necessarily a problem. I'll be trying some designs that use a similar configuration.

Hard Prospector

Aug 29, 2012
SO CAL
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Monster, Sierra Gold Trac, GB2, the Falcon......and just as many drywashers
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Building a good sluice is one thing, having the business skills to be successful is another. The Bazooka was too good of a sluice to be forgotten in an unmarked grave. I'm confident before long the person with "all the right stuff" will come along and it will rise up again.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Since bazooka is done I found these guys.....
I'm not really a bazooka fan since I don't hit areas that it seems to be best fitted for and it won't work on beach material.

Looks like all is not lost for those of you that find these sluices usable in your particular style of sluicing.

Looks like it might be a good alternative. This is the biggest one they have I guess.

So far from what I have seen I'm not too impressed.

The AMP product works but it's not a fluid bed. It's thruput is quite limited compared to the Bazooka Sniper (or bigger of course). We REALLY NEED someone to restart Bazooka production.

T

Tuolumne

bazooka is to sluicing as chinese riffles was to the gold pan.........

N-Lionberger

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2013
Arcata, California
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1212-x
Fisher Gold Bug 2
Whites 4900/SP3
Dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one, it doesnt shake a stick to the bazooka. Really dissapointing it takes so much water to stay fluid. I got mine super cheap from someone who won it at a gold show raffle. If I actually paid what they ask for it I would not be a happy camper.

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The AMP is not ideal for low water flow either. Its darn near impossible to dam up a creek. If you block the plenums, it will not create activity in the trap.

AMP_kbell

Aug 5, 2015
Galt, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
KinC is exactly right that the AMP is not a fluid bed. It fluidizes and processes the material as it enters the box, separating the heavies from the lighter material. Heavies fall into the trap and the lighter material is ejected out the rear of the sluice. While throughput is lower than the Bazooka, efficiency of micro gold recovery is very high. It easily captures 200 mesh gold.

Duckwalk is also correct. It does not work directly in low flow. However in low flow situations you can create pooled water using stacked rocks and use the potential energy of the higher water behind the dam. Set the sluice up below the dam, pull out some rocks, and let the flow process your material. Cap the dam to recharge as necessary. This way you can still use the equipment even when you have low water flow.

N-Lionberger - Not sure what you mean about needing so much water. It should easily run in water only slightly faster than regular riffle sluice.

Billy Xmas

Feb 16, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Guys - you seem to know a bit about Bazooka

Back in October, 2016 I ordered and paid for a 24" Sniper from Bazooka Gold Co.

Can anyone tell me what is going on - can't email, phone, get through
to the company in anyway and it probably doesn't help that I live in New Zealand.

What I want to know is how I can get my money back from these guys and is anyone
else having the same problem.

thanks in advance

crabtree

Mar 4, 2012
Charleston, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hi Guys - you seem to know a bit about Bazooka

Back in October, 2016 I ordered and paid for a 24" Sniper from Bazooka Gold Co.

Can anyone tell me what is going on - can't email, phone, get through
to the company in anyway and it probably doesn't help that I live in New Zealand.

What I want to know is how I can get my money back from these guys and is anyone
else having the same problem.

thanks in advance

if you paid with a credit card you can notify them. If you mailed a check or money order then you're probably screwed.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread