Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome posts I wish I took pics of the Rib eye we cooked I love cooking on the grill. Question when you clean your grill I use the wire brush heat it up then wash with dish soap and some water then heat it up again and wipe it with grease how do you you clean your grills.....Im sure Im not doing it the correct way.........Tommy

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use a wire brush after it's smoking hot no need to strip the oils only to put them right back on. I wouldn't say you're doing it wrong if it works for you . I cook with cast iron pans in the house and have not used soap on them in 40 years . they are cleaned with heat and abrasion from a copper scrub pad and water.
if I used soap foods would stick.

OP
OP
F

Flyad

Apr 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome posts I wish I took pics of the Rib eye we cooked I love cooking on the grill. Question when you clean your grill I use the wire brush heat it up then wash with dish soap and some water then heat it up again and wipe it with grease how do you you clean your grills.....Im sure Im not doing it the correct way.........Tommy

Actually, if it works for you&you're not damaging the grill - you're doing just fine. I use almost similar method like ticndig described, but for the abrasion I use a piece of cloth and some soda or sand or salt - whatever is available. Soda is the best, because if you control the amount, it cleans almost everything to the perfect state(works even if you are washing tiles or bathtub in your bathroom). Also removes odor!

OP
OP
F

Flyad

Apr 28, 2020
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys! hope everybody is safe now. Just wanted to ask ya'll if somebody still grilling or will be grilling this weekend?

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes they make a special pan for doing veggies . I cook summer squash , onion , mushroom , peppers and corn on the cob by putting large chunks of veggies in a bowl , ad chopped herbs of my choice from the garden and some olive oil . toss all around to coat and dump them in the pan on the grill. stir a few times as it cooks with the lid down and cooked to your liking.
9k=
images

That's what I do. Have the same pan. Brussels, asparagus, Kohlrabe in 1" pieces, you name it. About 15 minutes and a few stirs and your ready to go. You can also sprinkle with seasonings. I shouldn't read this thread before dinner.......

Mudflap

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Wallingford, Connecticut 1667
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Dual Field, CZ-21, Vaquero, Home Brewed (3).
Detecting since 1972.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just use a wire brush after it's smoking hot no need to strip the oils only to put them right back on. I wouldn't say you're doing it wrong if it works for you . I cook with cast iron pans in the house and have not used soap on them in 40 years . they are cleaned with heat and abrasion from a copper scrub pad and water.
if I used soap foods would stick.

I season my cast iron pans with flax seed oil. It works great and holds up well. The process is a polymerization.... lots of science but its great..... and easy.

Butter Hat

Apr 6, 2014
In ur innerwebz
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spares done on a kamado-type with a spicy rub and apple-cherry smoke.

Ribs_in_tray-640p.jpg

Chicken on the Weber with a Vortex. Same smoke.

Vortex_Chicken_Thighs_-_plated-640p.jpg

Well done, everybody! :icon_thumleft:

Attachments

• Ribs_in_tray-640p.jpg
    Ribs_in_tray-640p.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 39

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spares done on a kamado-type with a spicy rub and apple-cherry smoke.

Ribs_in_tray-640p.jpg

Chicken on the Weber with a Vortex. Same smoke.

Vortex_Chicken_Thighs_-_plated-640p.jpg

Well done, everybody! :icon_thumleft:
Wo whens Dinner that looks good......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread