beach detector

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I really like my Headhunter by DetectorPro. It is a pulse induction unit, 11" coil, works great both on the beach and underwater, very sensitive, and there is no heavy electronics/battery box-the electronics are built into the headphones-which are very comfortable. This is the best PI unit I have owned for the price-around $650.00 brand new. And as a shipwreck salvager, I have tried most of the units out there! :)

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your choice's are many. Minelab Excalibur 1000 is extremely good and it is what I use. There is also water units made by Whites, Tesoro, Garrett, and Fishers. The Fisher CZ20 is good as is the Tesoro Tiger Shark or their PI unit the Sand Shark. PI detectors have a problem with finding lots of trash at deep depths and after digging two foot holes for the third nail, you'll go home tired.

Land detectors are ok too, but have trouble in the wet sand and are unstable. There is much to learn about detecting beaches that can't be covered here. I suggest you visit thegoldenolde.com/

Try to purchase from a local dealer with a store where you can test the different machines and have a knowledgeable person to answer your questions. Check out the sites Neilo gives.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread