New detector fun fun

suwannee pirate

Feb 12, 2006
Lake City FL
Detector(s) used
excalibur,garrett,micropulse
Sounds like a pretty good detector you got there Muddyknees. I just got an excalibur 1000 last week ,it the same circutry as yours only its waterproof. I can't hardly wait to get to the beach with it,I've already wore out the yard with it.From what I can tell from this one so far I am impressed with Minelabs products and will be getting a land unit soon to replace an old broken compass relic magnum 6 .Keep us posted on your finds with that unit , I'll post what I turn up in a few weeks myself .Good Luck! Bob

NCHermit

Dec 15, 2005
MuddyKnees,we need to hook up some time.I'm in Wilmington and hunt Wrightsville beach pretty much.The finds have been slim right now,but the tourist are comming and school will be out soon.I've been wanting to head down that way some time and check it out.I've got a buddy around Supply that hunts a bit,but he's always working and has not shown me the beach down that way yet.
Congrats on your finds! Sounds like a sweet spot!

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
I've got a Sov. Elite also!!! I really like it too, although it's the only detector I've ever used so I don't really know how it compares to other MDs. I've never had very much luck at the beach so I'm glad to see someone else is!

vicki

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been very lucky in using the Excal 1000 at the beach while wading. I like to run the coil wire along side of the shaft thoutgh to save on water resistance. I set my Disc. at 1, Vol. at Max, and Sens. in auto most times. I've even done well in Pinpoint, which is without the iron mask.

I've also used the Fisher CZ-20 in Auto tune and checked out the target in a setting of 0 to id it. Most times I just pass up the coins which are a high tone and dig the mid tones. I know I am turning down a small percentage of rings, but the time spent digging a penny could be better spent swinging for that gold ring. I also use a lucky rabbits foot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread