Smudge
Bronze Member
- Joined
- Jul 9, 2010
- Messages
- 1,532
- Reaction score
- 44
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Central Florida
- Detector(s) used
- A Propointer tied to a stick
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
To all you beach hunters out there:
I'm using a nylon belt for my beach hunting, but it's kind of small and after you attach the detector control box, the pouch and the water bottle, the whole thing wants to slide off.
Does anyone know where to get a good belt and harness setup for the beach that will allow me to comfortably carry this stuff?
Any input and/or links would be really appreciated.
P.S., I've tried a couple of outdoor and surplus stores, but can't find anything.
I'm using a nylon belt for my beach hunting, but it's kind of small and after you attach the detector control box, the pouch and the water bottle, the whole thing wants to slide off.
Does anyone know where to get a good belt and harness setup for the beach that will allow me to comfortably carry this stuff?
Any input and/or links would be really appreciated.
P.S., I've tried a couple of outdoor and surplus stores, but can't find anything.
Upvote
0

So, being the cheapskate that I am, I painstakingly cut the connector apart, shortened the wire and soldered the wires onto the back side of the pins. Obviously, what I had was no longer waterproof, but it worked..... After several failed attempts with silicone caulking, I ended up slipping the connection inside a section of PVC pipe and casting a flexible epoxy around it. It has worked so far and remained waterproof...... Point is, the connection at the control box will not stand up to constant flexing as you swing the detector. I was later told by Tesoro that I should have fastened the cable to the control box some how so it would swing free and not flex at the control box. Hope this helps. And good luck with your Shark. Ralph








