2muchstuff
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 27, 2007
- Messages
- 96
- Reaction score
- 1
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Just south of St. Louis, Mo.
- Detector(s) used
- Garrett GTAX 1000
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Let me start off by saying it's been more than a few years since I've done any swinging of my detector. The Mrs has never seen an ocean before so next month we are going down to Miramar Beach, Florida. I keep telling her that it's not an ocean but a gulf. Not having any beaches here in the Midwest, what should I expect, is it worth it getting a sand scoup, is it safe out there at night? I'm sure there are many questions that I haven't thought of yet. Any tips or help would be great. The detector that I will be swinging will be a Garrett GTA1000. Thanks.
Upvote
0



takes them 5 minutes to sift for a penny.
See, what Sandman didn't mention (you sly dawg!) is the technique that you MUST use with the sunglasses - gives newbs away EVERY time!
Head slightly down (seemingly focused on the coil), left eye looking at breast level, right eye constantly scanning for significant other (I call it the 'Iguana') - and whatever you do, NEVER stop swinging and shout "Holy Mother of Pearl!"







