Beach Hunting Questions

jeffHershey

Greenie
Nov 29, 2006
Hershey, PA
Detector(s) used
For Coins and Relics: Minelab Equinox 800 ; For Competition: Fisher 1236-X2 and Tesoro Cibola; For Water: Minelab Equinox 800
I would like to take the main unit of my water detector off the shaft and either carry it on a belt or at chest level. How do you guys fix your rig for a waist or chest mount? Do you just use a belt, a belt with suspenders, a harness?

I know some of you wear cargo pants. If you carry a pouch what do you use?

If you can give me some specifics that would be very helpful. Thanks for any advice you can give me!

Upvote 0
First which Minelab detector do you own ? Before someone can help you ,they will need to know this.

I do not own any Minelab products. I have had quality problems with 3 of them. I can't afford to have my main detector go down during the season and have to send it in for repair.

I am currently using a Tesoro Sand Shark, if that helps.

I use the Sand Shark as well. I do not body mount it, but Tesoro sells an accessory just for that for about 20 bucks. The only thing, for me, that could possibly make it better would be an underwater cordless bluetooth head phone. No wires... boy am I dreaming now...

http://www.tesoro.com/BodyMountPouch.html

In your profile under your name, for detector used, you list Minelab, not Sand Shark.

You can use the pouch that Tesoro sells or the belt loop that came with the detector. On the metal part that fastens the box to the handle you can take it off the shaft and slide a belt thru the slot.

Sorry. I just updated my profile.

Jeff check out the Army surplus store. I use a pistol belt with suspenders, various shapes and sized of pockets for the detector unit, attach the tether, carry a cold drink, camera, smokes, find bag etc. Those things have allot of holes with grommets in em, mounting loops etc. It’s an easy to use and change as needed setup, and it takes the strain off your hips.

Thank you Sandman.I thought i read Minelab under his profile today.

Thanks for the idea about the pistol belt and suspenders. I just bought a Tesoro Sand Shark from Chuck at Treasure Hut. I want depth and to be able to hunt in any situation.

I am purchasing the pouch for the body mount. For relic and competition, I use a pistol, suspenders, canteen holder, SAW magazine holder, etc. I like the belt with suspenders because it takes the weight off my shoulders plus I don't show any CRACK! ;) I guess I will mount the pouch and my other stuff on the pistol belt.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back