Beach recomendations for North West Florida! (gulf coast)

Bree

Apr 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upvote 0

Beach Papa

Apr 25, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark VLF
Whites Dual Field PI
CTX 3030
Aquasound (custom made)
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I found my first gold ring on Pensacola Beach in the dry sand. That on is gone, but I am sure there are more where that came from. HH. Papa

Scottyboy

May 15, 2012
Northwest Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3I, Whites Prizm III, Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher 1280-x, Fisher CZ-21
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My father gave me his metal detector, and I am super excited to start using it! (anywhere except my backyard, which I have combed through all today)

I can't hunt the waters with it, not water proof, but I'd love to hit up some river sides, beaches, etc. but I have no idea where to look and be legal.

I'm in the pensacola area by the way, thanks!

Ya gotta stay away from all the areas marked as gulf island national seashore, so the beaches way down towards Ft. Pickens and Also Johnson's beach are off limits.
Perdido Key is a state park, and I personally don't detect out there simply because the population density is alot lower than at Pensacola beach.... and also because I water detect and that's a no-no in a FL state park.

Personally, I do most of my detecting at Pensacola beach from the pier eastward all the way to Portifino as this the highest density area for people. I also hit up the sound side from the boardwalk all the way back to the bridge.
Also there is nothing in the Pensacola or Escambia county municipal code that prohibits metal-detecting in city/county parks.There are a couple of parks downtown that are listed as historical so according to state law, these would be a no-go(the historic ones have a historical site marker up)... otherwise the city/county parks are fair game, and I've never had anyone bother me at a park around here.

Below are both the Pensacola and Escambia Municipal Code(check the Parks and Recreation sections), as well as Lists of parks for Pensacola and Escambia county.

http://www.playpensacola.com/_files/contents/370/logo.gif]Parks
Municode

Municode
Parks and Community Centers Matrix | Escambia County, Florida

Good Hunting to ya.

southmsfiveo

Greenie
Apr 8, 2013
Mississippi Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
Simplex
PulseDive pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like great advice from someone who knows. I am about 2 hours away from P'cola. I will have to make a trip over one day.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread