Beach Scoop Monster! I love it!

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
This is one awesome beach scoop! Cost me a little over a c-note with S&H. It is not for the frail though, this thing has some girth! Digs in easy and takes out a BIG hunk of sand! Local guy is making them, I found him on e-bay. His email is [email protected] if you want to contact him.

Attachments

• beachscoop.JPG
    beachscoop.JPG
    20.4 KB · Views: 712
Upvote 0

bushido

Greenie
Feb 14, 2007
Detector(s) used
DFX
I bought one about a month ago after much research. It is a beast and a little heavy but it should last a lifetime and then some! I looked at many a scoop but this one took the cake ;) I love anything stainless and this beauty is 100%

pitkairn

Feb 8, 2007
var
Detector(s) used
excalibur 1000 / xp Gmp
hi,

i bought it 5 months ago on e-bay it's a great scoop. (indestructible)
the seller is very pleasant.

++

pit

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am just curious, what is the dimensions, of the scoop.

OP
OP
kevino1960

kevino1960

Oct 22, 2006
West Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark Fisher 1265X
Here you go T-Hunter, all the details:

Description
Item Specifics - Item Condition
Condition: New

This is a brand new design and new model for 2007 from Travis Treasure Tools. This scoop is a very strong long handle design that is all stainless steel. It is a multi-formed V stealth shape cutting head design with a pointed tip which allows for extremely fast ground penetration and effortless digging. (1/2 inch diameter holes/retains dimes)In addition to its strong V shape design the back/kick plate has a new feature which now includes a permanent non-skid surface for better foot traction while digging (see close-up pic). It is ergonomically designed with the perfect degree of angle built into it which allows for less distance required for the handle to go forward. With built in angulation, your foot is pushing straight down with less effort and easier digging action.

This scoop also comes with a second handle that can be attatched/detatched and can be located on the stainless tube handle at your desired location. This lightweight durable plastic handle is hollow, allowing for a tether line if you would want to use one.

All of my scoops are electro-polished (see specs below) and they will last a lifetime. They are professional top of the line scoops.

My family has been in the metal manufacturing business for over 25 years. This scoop is made to my exact specifications in our facility and is made in the USA.

My company Travis Treasure Tools is dedicated to providing high quality and durable recovery tools to the serious treasure hunter that only wants the best tool for the job.

Since I am the manufacturer and use eBay for my marketing, my overhead is low. I am able to sell these scoops at these prices. These would easily be in the $175 to $200 plus range at the retail/distributor level. I have chosen to sell at a discount to the end user. My scoops are used for treasure hunting form Florida to California and also Europe and Australia. We have over 200 of these scoops sold and being used currently. It is meant for use in sand / mud / underwater or above and will dig through virtually anything it encounters.

Specs:

* 100% Stainless Steel, both basket and handle for strength and durability
* All holes are 1/2 inch diameter for quick drain and recovery (dimes captured) additional holes NEW FEATURE
* Basket is Supersize: 6 1/2 inches tall and wide, and 12 inches long.
* Scoop basket is 14 gauge (.083)
* The top plate of the basket is thicker (3/16) to take the stresses of digging NEW FEATURE
* Overall height is 48 inches, Handle is 40 inches long, 1 1/4 inch diameter and 16 gauge thick
* Weight is approximately 5.8 lbs.
* All welds are 100% penetration
* Back/kick plate is very strong, with a stamped-in permanent non-skid surface and has bulit in angulation for ease of digging NEW FEATURE
* Handle grip is vinyl and is notched
* Second handle is lightweight durable plastic; and also is detachable
* Support bar for strength is 1/4 x 1 gusset which is stronger than a tube gusset NEW FEATURE
* Highest quality material and fabrication
* ELECTRO-POLISHED ,My scoops are electro-plolished. This is a process where my scoops go through a chemical bath(dip tanks)with an electrical current and temperature controlled. Whenever you fabricate stainless,especially welding, you should passivate(electro-polish)the stainless to restore its characteristics.The benefits are a PRISTINE FINISH,EXTRA HARDNESS,EXTRA CORROSION RESISTANCE. Most OTHER stainless scoops on the market are just painted in the weld area.

Searchin70

Tenderfoot
Mar 20, 2007
Hampstead NC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
T-Hunter,

In my opinion, this scoop is a no brainer for the money. Its a little on the heavy side but It will last a long while. These guys are great to deal with and as far as I know, they will make one to your specs if you conatact [email protected]

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread