May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was raining heavy in the morning & mid-afternoon so waited for a window of opportunity. I'm on my own this weekend so its leg power transport. There was now only 1 hour of light left so it was now or never. Wrapped up with the waterproofs & cycled against the wind & rain to the nearby field. I couldn't do the Dump Field 2 as the track was flooded & it was further away than the field that Dad got the 3 silver coins from yesterday.
This field we had done well on the bottom section but not tried else where. I gave myself the objective of not leaving until I found a Good find. Only I would know what the good find is (no list). The clay soil was so sticky I had 2.5" of soil on my boots. I had to stop every 10 minutes & knock the mud off the base of the coil & the spade. At no time did I wonder what the hell am I doing? I was focussed on finding & no way was I going to waist a whole day of my life without trying. It got dark with only a scrappy roman & a modern buckle in the pouch. I guess its time to night detect I thought. 1 hour into dark I felt what I knew to be a Medieval Jetton. Not quite good enough but nearly. By now I was thirst from dragging all that mud around, only I had forgot my water bottle in the race to leave. So time to stick my head in the air & caught some rain whilst detecting :D

2 Hours into dark & I felt (I have no light) what I was sure was a Roman Locking Pin to a lock mechanism (this is my third one). Sure enough when I got home as I considered it a good find it was as I thought. (bottom right of picture 3)

Also got a nice medieval finial to a ??
Broken section of a bronze Iron Age/Roman piece of whatzit
Lead Token
and bits.........

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 673
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    55.8 KB · Views: 686
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 676
Upvote 0
KirkPA said:
A good day, indeed, mate! Why in the heck did you cycle to the site? You should have driven. :D

BDD...Kirk

I want a car about as much as I want a mobile phone ;D

CRUSADER said:
KirkPA said:
A good day, indeed, mate! Why in the heck did you cycle to the site? You should have driven. :D

BDD...Kirk

Can you just sell a couple of those beautiful coins and buy a car?
Nice finds.

tymcmurray said:
CRUSADER said:
KirkPA said:

BDD...Kirk

Can you just sell a couple of those beautiful coins and buy a car?
Nice finds.

I could buy several cars but I not interested, same as having a mobile.

Those two purchases result in the same end: Once you have one, you can't do without one. It sucks.

Congrats--and bravo to you for toughing out the weather, thirst, and mud.

-Buckleboy

Good post Crusader !! I'm reading your post and relating to the mud and thirst and roughing it out !

Had the Man against nature image in my head ...Bear dropped in the Amazon and surviving untill he found habitation !

I'd be HAPPY with a scrappy Roman !!

Feeling a find in the dark to identify !

Gotta love it !!

HH !!

D.

Crusader

Lots of nice things for only a few hours of work... and digging in mud is work. What was the deepest thing you had to dig in the rain today?

HH

Sanat

CRUSADER,
Man you chose your screen name wisely. You sure are on a crusaade to finding some awesome things.
I tip my hat to you.
Joe

Great post and finds! I use an LED miners lamp at night, works great and the batteries hold up well. HH, Mike

Sanat said:
Crusader

Lots of nice things for only a few hours of work... and digging in mud is work. What was the deepest thing you had to dig in the rain today?

HH

Sanat

A horse shoe at 12"

Bavaria Mike said:
Great post and finds! I use an LED miners lamp at night, works great and the batteries hold up well. HH, Mike

Mike i have one of those for night fishing. Only thing was in my mind before I left I was going to spend 1 hour, find something good & leave (no need for a light). However once I set myself a target not much can stop me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back