What's new

Bear with me

fmerg

Hero Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2008
Messages
905
Reaction score
750
Golden Thread
1
Location
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
what a day went out to the new permission field with rich (port ewen ace) and scored a Connecticut state copper 1788, a nice flat button, couple of musket balls, a key, one real ugly projectile point and if that was not enough i got a Spanish 1754 1 Reale Lima mint
shows what happens when you are not afraid of no bear
i will let rich post all about his day
see pictures below
 
Last edited:
Upvote 4
not sure why the pictures showed as links but here they are
2015-10-04 004.webp
2015-10-04 011.webp
2015-10-04 002.webp
2015-10-04 017.webp
2015-10-04 018.webp
2015-10-04 007.webp
 
WawaweewA! That's an awesome Spanish silver you got your paws on. You know I got a special set of earphones for deep woods that only cover one ear- they're called Rattlers and I would have been using them in your spot! Lol

CONGRATS ON THE SPANISH!

Steve
 
Congrats on hunting that awesome site that's given you some cool coins and relics. :occasion14:
 
You know I got a special set of earphones for deep woods that only cover one ear- they're called Rattlers and I would have been using them in your spot! Lol
Steve
i only cover one ear with my head phones so yea i know lol
 
Had a few bear encounters but not in my home state ... yet . That massive track looks like a biggin' so be careful and for your info. the CT copper were circa 1785-88 kool thread and you dug some wonderful stuff .

CMD
 
Great find.
You are fortunate to find something like that!
Congrats!
 
Really cool finds,, time to give some black bear repellent to Rich,, lol
 
I like your finds...I like bears too...with lemon pepper
 
Had a few bear encounters but not in my home state ... yet . That massive track looks like a biggin' so be careful and for your info. the CT copper were circa 1785-88 kool thread and you dug some wonderful stuff .

CMD
i got within 15 yards of this one back in 2013
bear.webp
 
Wow!!!!

Adrenaline in all directions!

You're like Indiana Jones battling the giant cave spiders... just to get the idol!

Excellent work in the name of treasure hunting!
 
Frank you are having a really awesome year finding some wonderful treasures. When we were up there the scare was coyotes and now bears? Glad to see you're continuing to put a royal butt whoopin on ole Rich even after he bought a new machine!!!!! LOL
 
Well done on the silver and point! Just remember to always bring a slower running buddy with you when in bear country.:laughing7:
 
Well done on the silver and point! Just remember to always bring a slower running buddy with you when in bear country.:laughing7:
i did even his machine is slower then mine
 
I LIKE BEARS TO AS LONG AS I HAVE PEPPER SPRAY ALWAYS MAKES YOU WONDER WHO IS WATCHING WHO . NEET FINDS ......
 
What an exciting, Blood rushing to your head, adrenaline pumping day. Congrats!
 
thats one helluva day there man great job!
 
That's a great looking piece of Spanish Silver.... and a CT copper :thumbsup:

I've come across black bears 4 times in the woods... every time they have run in the other direction when they see me. Including once on Vancouver Island where it was a mom with 2 cubs... they couldn't run away fast enough.... but a brown bear would have me freaking out!
 
Really cool finds,, time to give some black bear repellent to Rich,, lol
nope gonna give rich the sardine sandwiches to carry and keep the bear repellent for my self
 
Nice finds. I have had 2 run-ins with bears while hunting & they are both hanging on my wall. ( Of course I was hunting with a bow - not a metal detector ) .
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom