Does it show any polish along the large section to the bottom of the picture? If so it could be a Flint Celt and if not then most likely a large crude Knife.
That appears to have a bit on the wide end. I call those flint celts or hoes when they are larger. Nice artifact find. Here is one similar........the white rock on the right.
That appears to have a bit on the wide end. I call those flint celts or hoes when they are larger. Nice artifact find. Here is one similar........the white rock on the right.
The next to the last photo tells me they did not get done working on this piece. I would call this a preform and they may have put it in the ground with a cache of blades or they could have seen it was not going to work very well for what they wanted. You can see on one side where they were fixing to have step/stack problems. There is just not enough edge work or wear pattern for a final tool.JMO very nice find