What's new

Beauty From The Brazos

Garscale

Bronze Member
Joined
May 4, 2020
Messages
1,351
Reaction score
3,627
Golden Thread
0
Location
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here is a black beauty Justin dug on the Brazos site last week . Once again I was not there that day but thought I would share. Some call it Delhi but I'm unsure. It's fine though
 

Attachments

  • IMG_Mar62(5).webp
    IMG_Mar62(5).webp
    90.2 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_Mar62(4).webp
    IMG_Mar62(4).webp
    70.4 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_Mar62(3).webp
    IMG_Mar62(3).webp
    71.5 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
The color is jet black. The other two pics are with bright light to show the flaking.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That is a most beautiful handful.
Remind me again, most all the lithics you find are local? Do you find allibates? Edwards I think I see.
 
Upvote 0
That is a most beautiful handful.
Remind me again, most all the lithics you find are local? Do you find allibates? Edwards I think I see.

I have found a little alibates farther north but most of that is brazos cobble. Pretty much the same as Edward's but more iron infused. Most of it is local on that site. The sanpatrice on left is pet wood.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have similar flint from the James River. How far is the James from the find site? I'm not up on Texas geography. Gary
 
Upvote 0
I have similar flint from the James River. How far is the James from the find site? I'm not up on Texas geography. Gary

A long way. Its not unusual for high grade material to be carried hundreds or even thousands of miles though. One of the things that made this site special was a fantastic source of super high grade chert very close.
 
Upvote 0
Wow! Beautiful material and beautiful workmanship on those pieces!
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom