Beer discussion (again)

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
I’ve been reminiscing about “the good old days”. My father said the only good thing about them is that they are gone.
OK, think about the beers of your youth. What are your TOP 3, that are no longer national brands. Please don’t include anything that wasn’t sold before 1985. I realize we have national differences, so please, if your memory is not of a USA beer, please tell us the country too. 👍🏼 Hopefully we’re voting on Taste.
I will start:
Falzstaff, Stroh’s Dark and the original Drewry’s (from the 60’s in the Big Mouth bottles). I wanted to include Olympia; the Artesians did a great job, but alas they didn’t make my top 3. Please enjoy the journey down this road.👍🏼

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Blatz was a joke, at one time, in our area. I had some Blatz Cream Ale years later. It was excellent

Jeff H

Bronze Member
May 5, 2008
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Black Label, Narragansett, Haffenreffer. I thought they were good back in the day. Today, they wouldn't make my top 100 list.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
Black Label, Narragansett, Haffenreffer. I thought they were good back in the day. Today, they wouldn't make my top 100 list.
I understand that. There are so many good brews available today

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moosehead was my college partying days. Loved it.

Chilli

Feb 10, 2022
OZ (Down Under)
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705
Garrett 24k
AlgoForce E1500
When I was young Fosters was really popular and Aussie. These days they are hard to find anywhere and they are no longer Australian. They are rubbish now, less alcohol and dont taste the same. I think they changed it for the UK market. Its Japanese owned now. We used to be able to buy it in what were called tubes back then too. They were half a litre.

OP
OP
Blackfoot58

Blackfoot58

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2023
Iowa
Detector(s) used
Makro Simplex+
When I was young Fosters was really popular and Aussie. These days they are hard to find anywhere and they are no longer Australian. They are rubbish now, less alcohol and dont taste the same. I think they changed it for the UK market. Its Japanese owned now. We used to be able to buy it in what were called tubes back then too. They were half a litre.
We still have it here. I used to buy the bitters, in the green can. Now just the original, in blue can. I think 25.6 oz.
I agree, it doesn’t taste the same as before the sell out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread