Blackfoot58
Gold Member
- #21
Thread Owner
One of my favorites!I get Yuengling here sometimes.
Little Kings is a new one to me. I’ve had Mickey’sLOL, drank a lot of Little Kings and Stroh’s in the mid 70s. Use to bring Little Kings back to Florida on vacations for parties.
Little Kings were good, but they were in 7 oz bottles which made them perfect "little shooters".Little Kings is a new one to me. I’ve had Mickey’s
I remember others in the small bottles. Miller Highlife was in this areaLittle Kings were good, but they were in 7 oz bottles which made them perfect "little shooters".
Hopefully this is one beer that does go bye bye!
I forgot about Olympia! The Artesians made it. It was big in our area for 5-8 years.Heidelberg, Lucky Lager, Olympia, Rheinlander, Old Style .... I think the brands live on but very limited distribution. It seems everything got bought up and the big boys took over market share.
We still have Old Stool, but it went from price point cheapie to $27 a case. They had the best radio commercials at one time.I forgot about Olympia! The Artesians made it. It was big in our area for 5-8 years.
I retired, normal beer was about $9 / 12 pack of cans. Now, $14. Biden really did stimulate the economy. I’m spending a lot more since I’ve had his “stimulus help.”I cut my beer teeth on Rainier, and Olympia. I toured the Olympia beer brewery in 1972. And the Tuborg brewery in Copenhagen in 1978. Now I tour the beer isle at WalMart.
PBR was my mainstay in the 70's. I drank quite a bit of it warm ( ice melted ), which should be like a Purple Heart award in the beer drinking world.
I don't drink too much beer anymore. I'll buy a six-pack. Something different each time. Usually no more than $10.00. Seems high, until I consider the last time I bought a bottled beer in a bar two years ago, it cost me $7.00. For a Yuengling.I retired, normal beer was about $9 / 12 pack of cans. Now, $14. Biden really did stimulate the economy. I’m spending a lot more since I’ve had his “stimulus help.”