What's new

Beginner luck??????

nyiangelo

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 19, 2007
Messages
639
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
So we all watch new people pop up from time to time. Especially now I seem to be seeing alot of them. And we all know they are the luckiest dogs getting better scores than people that have been in the game for awhile. My biggest score was when I first started and I've had nothing close to that one since. So I'm wondering what do you think it is luck, a fresh area, karma??????
 
Upvote 0
nyiangelo said:
So we all watch new people pop up from time to time. Especially now I seem to be seeing alot of them. And we all know they are the luckiest dogs getting better scores than people that have been in the game for awhile. My biggest score was when I first started and I've had nothing close to that one since. So I'm wondering what do you think it is luck, a fresh area, karma??????

Unsearched Area........ My opinion

Mojo
 
I dunno, maybe a little of both. I wish I had some beginners luck. My first silver find was 2 war nickels then a week later I found 1 1964 half. My largest single take was only 32 half's and that was just 2 days ago.... ;D
 
I have been at it for 4-6 months, and I have had no major haul as of now. Couple good boxes, but nothin over 51 silver.
 
I think that after you have a few good scores and alot of lulls in between finding the silver just doesn't impress you as much when you compare it to work involved, time, and gas compared to the amount of silver found. When I first started finding 1 or 2 was cool. Now I think, "well at least I didn't get skunked" Don't get me wrong I still enjoy searching but finding a ben or walker isn't as exciting now as when i found my first.
 
bigtime400 said:
I think that after you have a few good scores and alot of lulls in between finding the silver just doesn't impress you as much when you compare it to work involved, time, and gas compared to the amount of silver found. When I first started finding 1 or 2 was cool. Now I think, "well at least I didn't get skunked" Don't get me wrong I still enjoy searching but finding a ben or walker isn't as exciting now as when i found my first.

Man - it sounds like your gettin burnt out bud. :o
 
Unsearched area and being at the right place at the right time. Road trips are where its at. I have had some great scores but I have to cover a large area to get it for sure.

-Golden Silver
 
I say Beginners luck. I didn't have any when I started- it was all hard work. Last August I had been doing 42 boxes every week and was burnt to a crisp. It was time for my annual 2 week camping/golddredging trip, and I was convinced I was done with this full time. After a month of being "off" I got a wild hair and stopped and picked up a couple boxes- whatdoyaknow got 10 oz. Two days later I went and got another couple, 6 oz. Well Gee I can't afford to not do it. Within a week I had the machine going again about half steam and that is where it stands. So don't be afraid to take a break once in awhile, the silver gods may just save up for ya and give it to ya all at once when ya get back. HH Mark
 
nyiangelo said:
So we all watch new people pop up from time to time. Especially now I seem to be seeing alot of them. And we all know they are the luckiest dogs getting better scores than people that have been in the game for awhile. My biggest score was when I first started and I've had nothing close to that one since. So I'm wondering what do you think it is luck, a fresh area, karma??????

In general I believe that the first timers big scores are primarily due to a fresh area. However, it depends on the hunter. I know that my dad was hunting boxes for almost a year before he hit his dream box. The trick is perseverance and quantity.

65GT350
 
65gt350 said:
nyiangelo said:
So we all watch new people pop up from time to time. Especially now I seem to be seeing alot of them. And we all know they are the luckiest dogs getting better scores than people that have been in the game for awhile. My biggest score was when I first started and I've had nothing close to that one since. So I'm wondering what do you think it is luck, a fresh area, karma??????

In general I believe that the first timers big scores are primarily due to a fresh area. However, it depends on the hunter. I know that my dad was hunting boxes for almost a year before he hit his dream box. The trick is perseverance and quantity.

65GT350
I think I agree with you. I don't think I've hit a box with over 30 wilvers and I've done alot of boxes. I think road trips are just based on a fresh area. But boxes are just the luck of the draw.
 
I think that it is a way for the silver gods to suck you into this addiction then once your hooked no find is ever enough ;D... I have to agree with everyone else some nice virgin turf for handrolls and luck of the draw on boxes HH, Ed
 
if you search lots of boxes like i do i think the silver in your area gets depleated after a while, i think it will take a few months to trickle back in....just my thoughts..... i wish i had about 20K to hunt with i would order 10K one week, then 10K another and dump it all on week 3 and start over, or i would hold on to the clads as long as i could before dumping and ordering more.... ??? ???
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom