Beginners Luck! Hooked!

mack3

Tenderfoot
Mar 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am new this week to CRH! I went to the local bank to find a box of nickels to keep busy for the weekend and left with 4 rolls of halves and a box of nickels! I haven't started the nickels, but the 4 rolls of halves were as follows!

7 - 1965, 12 - 1966, 24 - 1967, 15 - 1968D, 20 - 1969D and 1 1984D.

I work with restaurant owners and asked one of my customers if he sees any old change or dollars coming through. He said he sees a lot and pulls out a lot of silver. He had a stack of $1 silver certificates and some $20's. Since I showed some interest he gave me the silver certificate pictured and 7 rolls of wheat pennies! I'll be going through the pennies soon to see what I have! Thanks for all the great information on this site and happy hunting! My brother introduced me to this a couple weeks ago and I've had a great time with it!

half 1.jpg

Upvote 0
Nice finds! Nice silver certificate! Shame you got shorted 50 cents in one of those rolls, but finding 78 keepers out of 4 rolls is amazing!

Wow, seems like there's been a lot of great beginners luck lately.

Congrats on a great score! It's probably gonna be hard to top that one.

Btw, I just remembered I got 4 rolls of cwr halves and a box of nickels today too. I was happy just finding a '76S silver from one of the rolls. But I sure woulda been shocked if I got some loaded rolls like u did lol.

H$H!

Last edited:
That is a great score! Personally, Ive given away many silver certs and bills dated before 1930, because as we all know, paper rots, coin does not.

i had some great beginner's luck finds as well, it definitely helps to draw you in!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back