What's new

Benny Hill memories


I grew up as a kid watching him. Very funny man.
This from my memory not searching now.
He actually was a very private person and he didn't even own a car from all his TV shows and money. He travelled on buses and trains. He just loved making people laugh and be happy. He was I remember a very humble person.
But wow did he make us laugh.😀
 
Benny was way ahead of his time. He did a skit with the little bald headed guy and introduced him as the world's smartest man. Benny said you could ask him any question and he would immediately answer it.

Benny said, "I will prove it". Benny asked him, "Quick give me two pronouns". The little guy immediately responded with, "Who me"?
 
I grew up as a kid watching him. Very funny man.
This from my memory not searching now.
He actually was a very private person and he didn't even own a car from all his TV shows and money. He travelled on buses and trains. He just loved making people laugh and be happy. He was I remember a very humble person.
But wow did he make us laugh.😀

As well as being a comedy legend, Benny was well-known for his frugality, bordering on miserliness. About six months after his death, grave-robbers dug up his grave at Hollybrook Cemetery in Southampton and prised open the coffin lid during the night of 4 October 1992. His estate had been valued at over £7 million and there were persistent (false) rumours that he had been buried with a large amount of gold and jewellery in an attempt to “take it with him.”

After a police inspection, the lid was replaced and the coffin re-buried with one foot of concrete over it. The perpetrators were never caught, as far as I know.
 
As well as being a comedy legend, Benny was well-known for his frugality, bordering on miserliness. About six months after his death, grave-robbers dug up his grave at Hollybrook Cemetery in Southampton and prised open the coffin lid during the night of 4 October 1992. His estate had been valued at over £7 million and there were persistent (false) rumours that he had been buried with a large amount of gold and jewellery in an attempt to “take it with him.”

After a police inspection, the lid was replaced and the coffin re-buried with one foot of concrete over it. The perpetrators were never caught, as far as I know.
WOW R-C Thank you for the extra bit of information. Such a sad story for a great person
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom