Bering Sea New Season!

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bering Sea Gold New Season!

Did anyone watch the preview of the new season last night?

I cant believe the Christine Rose still has to be paddled out to sea by the excavator. :tongue3:
They said they removed the riffles from their sluice to catch more fine gold? Only way that will work without riffles is by classifying and slowing down the flow. They would have to of changed more than just the sluice. :icon_scratch:

Looks like Hot Head Scott landed some new investors and a new boat.

Can you believe that Vernon and Steve teamed up? That has to be a disaster looking for a place to happen :laughing7:
And what about the hyper diver who showed up to work with Vernon and Steve and went berserk over the weight belt? :laughing9:

I hope Emily and Zeke find a lot of gold this season without a serious accident. (doubtful)

Anyway judging by the preview it ought to be a fun watch with plenty of insane drama. The colorful cast makes the Hoffman crew look like normal miners.

GG~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mercury1 said:
Emily is an attractive woman with a very annoying personality and a little bit nuts I think. She should get paid what she was promised. It wouldn't surprise me at all if she is the hottest chick in Nome. And I agree with others about Nome, crappy depressing place, at least what I can see of it from the show.

You too need your eyes checked ..... While she may be the hottest women in nome ... That only say something about the standards of the men in nome.....
I may be guessing but when your old all women her age are hot ...
But I'd agree if she was promised 20 percent then she should get it!!!!!! But I never saw anything saying she was promised 20 ....
If she was smart she could have it all at least all of zeeks money!

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Kevin: If she was your daughter or sister I seriously doubt what what we are sharing here
(with a bit of humor, of course) would really make much of an impact, overall.

FWIW, my daughters one tough gal. She used to live in Fairbanks when
my S-I-L was working at Prudhoe Bay. She was out playing in a field
(close to home) with my 2 grandsons when a Grizzly wandered onto the
other side of the field. There is nothing more dangerous than a woman
protecting her children, and as I heard the story (from her husband) rather
than just leaving the area, she went after the bear with a 12ga. and a club
and sent it packing!

All she said was: "It pissed me off!"
shoot.gif

My sister does wildlife tours in the deepest jungles of Costa Rica, and
she's handled just about every situation that could come along...from
Fer de Lance's (very deadly snakes) to Jaguars. She spent the
first 20 years of her career hand-raising Tigers and Cheetahs for
San Diego Wild Animal Park (and a couple others) til' the cats
got too big for her to manage (she's only 5'!). She even had a
300+ lb. Bengal that would ride home with her in her old Toyota
Celica (she took the passenger seat out to accommodate him),
and he would hang out on a 50' chain in front of her rural cabin.
She never once had any problems with unwanted visitors..lol.

So, if that was my sister on that boat 'Ol Zeke would be in a world of hurt
'cause she wouldn't be crying..she'd be kickin' his ass all the way back to
Seattle!

Truth is, Emily has a very narcissistic personality, and rather than being one of the
"spokes in the big wheel", she feels that she IS the wheel, and therefore deserves
everyone's attention at all times. When she doesn't get it, she has another one of her
hissy fits. She needs to grow up and realize the world doesn't revolve around her, and
it never will.

My "Wife #1" was cut from the same cloth, which very well could be the reason
I lack empathy for her. I'll try and be more polite in the future.
evil.gif

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Be more polite? I think you said it very well!

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You too need your eyes checked ..... While she may be the hottest women in nome ... That only say something about the standards of the men in nome.....
I may be guessing but when your old all women her age are hot ...
But I'd agree if she was promised 20 percent then she should get it!!!!!! But I never saw anything saying she was promised 20 ....
If she was smart she could have it all at least all of zeeks money!

Hey G1, it's been said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in Emily's case, she has the kind of slim, athletic build that I find attractive. Also, she doesn't look her best while she's working (or whining) on the show. Maybe you would think different if you saw her all dolled up. We seem to be in agreement on her personality. (Lots of room for improvement there) The standards of the men in Nome are probably affected by the smaller population of women relative to men in Nome. They have to pick from what's available or import one or do without. I don't know if she was promised 20% but it just seemed that it should have been decided at the start of the season, not already into it. And your last comment about, if she was smart, ya, if only.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I thought Zeek was supposed to be broke? But I am sure the lucrative tv contract has more than taken care of his debts...

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If Zeke promised her 20%, then that's what she's due, IMO. A deal is a deal, and if a man
doesn't keep his word then he ain't worth much.

As for Emily, I would happily give her 50% if she promised to leave and never return.

I would consider the loss as an "investment in my mental health". Hell, you could probably
even write it off as a medical expense...
moose.gif

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
If Zeke promised her 20%, then that's what she's due, IMO. A deal is a deal, and if a man
doesn't keep his word then he ain't worth much.

As for Emily, I would happily give her 50% if she promised to leave and never return.

I would consider the loss as an "investment in my mental health". Hell, you could probably
even write it off as a medical expense...
moose.gif
LOL! I like the medical expense idea!:laughing7:

G1sammons

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2012
Murfreesboro tn
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
mercury1 said:
Hey G1, it's been said that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in Emily's case, she has the kind of slim, athletic build that I find attractive. Also, she doesn't look her best while she's working (or whining) on the show. Maybe you would think different if you saw her all dolled up. We seem to be in agreement on her personality. (Lots of room for improvement there) The standards of the men in Nome are probably affected by the smaller population of women relative to men in Nome. They have to pick from what's available or import one or do without. I don't know if she was promised 20% but it just seemed that it should have been decided at the start of the season, not already into it. And your last comment about, if she was smart, ya, if only.

Your right on the beauty thing ! I was just poking at ya ...
As for Emily I think alot of the problems with her stim from the pointe she can't dive...
Other than the show I don't know why she's there ? It seems like zeek would have taken the time to dive with her and make her comfortable under water .. But who knows what kind of crap they feed us .. Just to get us to talk and watch ....
Personally if I were up there trying to run a dredge every body on the boat would have to be a diver!!!!! Also if I was trapped up there running a boat
That's all we would do is dive 24 / 7. Until she froze then I'd be gone!!! Out side of the storms of course ;)

But then I think all of who dredge have ideas on how we would do this better than what they show us on the show..
Truthfully the show makes me crazy because I could go and have most of the equipment I think I would need ..and the skills to deal with break downs And problems that occur i grew up turning wrenches and fabracating welding ect ...and there's apart of me that would love the challenge and adventure but then there's a part that's doesn't want to loose my summers and spend it away from my family...
Sure makes it tough just watching every week !

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Your right on the beauty thing ! I was just poking at ya ...
As for Emily I think alot of the problems with her stim from the pointe she can't dive...
Other than the show I don't know why she's there ? It seems like zeek would have taken the time to dive with her and make her comfortable under water .. But who knows what kind of crap they feed us .. Just to get us to talk and watch ....
Personally if I were up there trying to run a dredge every body on the boat would have to be a diver!!!!! Also if I was trapped up there running a boat
That's all we would do is dive 24 / 7. Until she froze then I'd be gone!!! Out side of the storms of course ;)

But then I think all of who dredge have ideas on how we would do this better than what they show us on the show..
Truthfully the show makes me crazy because I could go and have most of the equipment I think I would need ..and the skills to deal with break downs And problems that occur i grew up turning wrenches and fabracating welding ect ...and there's apart of me that would love the challenge and adventure but then there's a part that's doesn't want to loose my summers and spend it away from my family...
Sure makes it tough just watching every week !

I know what you mean. I will be taking an introductory diving class in May with my wifes friend. I can hardly wait! The only real downfalls I see to being up there would be the cold water and if people really live as they show. I wouldn't want any part of camping on the beach like those guys were doing surrounded be drunks. Bad situation.

okbasspro

Jan 14, 2012
Chickasha,Oklahoma
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know what you mean. I will be taking an introductory diving class in May with my wifes friend. I can hardly wait! The only real downfalls I see to being up there would be the cold water and if people really live as they show. I wouldn't want any part of camping on the beach like those guys were doing surrounded be drunks. Bad situation.

They have wetsuit heaters.I have one on my Proline and dredge in low 30 deg water here in Oklahoma makes all the differnce.Nice and toasty.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
They have wetsuit heaters.I have one on my Proline and dredge in low 30 deg water here in Oklahoma makes all the differnce.Nice and toasty.

Yeah I saw the heaters. How is the initial shock getting into the cold water with the heater?

TreasurePirate69

Jan 20, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any deal made at the beginning of the season was made with the expectation that she would be diving. It turned out that she was unable to fullfil her obligation to dive. Therefore, any deal made is null and void in my opinion. She didn't hold up her end of the deal so why should Zeke? However, Zeke should have addressed this earlier with her rather than waiting until they finally got a bunch of gold. Waiting makes it look like he is trying to cheat her. It also didn't give her a good chance to decide whether or not she wanted to stay at the new rate.

10% seems low because she does provide a service on the boat. She takes care of the motor/generator and is there for safety reasons. But that alone is not worth 50%. I can see where Zeke is coming from but I can also understand why she is upset. She is partially upset at herself because she knows deep down that she is not being as helpful as Zeke had hoped she was going to be. No one likes being told that they are not doing a good job.

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone see the finale? I predict the Pomrenkes will be getting a lot of job applicants after that payout.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone see the finale? I predict the Pomrenkes will be getting a lot of job applicants after that payout.

Yea Not bad . Still gets me though...
the typical Wealthy attitude, crying poverty while paying the workers :laughing7:

is it just me, or did they hire a semi Zeke lookalike for the Clark ?
to me he looked more like Zeke then his own brother did :tongue3:

and Zekes's I love you too much to see you die speech to Em' ? :tongue3:
he can't get rid of her. Production won't let him, unless it's
to put her with her dad & the Zeak clone on the Clark.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yea Not bad . Still gets me though...
the typical Wealthy attitude, crying poverty while paying the workers :laughing7:

is it just me, or did they hire a semi Zeke lookalike for the Clark ?
to me he looked more like Zeke then his own brother did :tongue3:

and Zekes's I love you too much to see you die speech to Em' ? :tongue3:
he can't get rid of her. Production won't let him, unless it's
to put her with her dad & the Zeak clone on the Clark.

I would say thed Pomrenke pay out was a scripted part with the talk of how the old man cried last year and how he really didnt want to let go of the gold.
I just hope for next season that piece of trash Scott Meisterheim is gone...Preferably in jail.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread