Iron Patch
Platinum Member
- Joined
- Sep 28, 2007
- Messages
- 19,276
- Reaction score
- 8,953
- Golden Thread
- 3
- Location
- Dirtyville
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 4
- Detector(s) used
- Deus
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Upvote
47
My first wax seal,found at late 1700s home site out in the woods here in central Massachusetts.Still trying to determine whose Intials are on it.Did find one gent with same initials,was appointed to a committee to lay out the "common land for the township",didnt see any other mention of him during next 10 years so not sure him.
If mine, I'd just leave it.
I have a question that has ALWAYS bugged me with these relics.
HOW were they reverse carved with such fine detail?
I would LOVE to see the tools used to create these items.
I laugh though, the OP only has 3 more seals than I do!
Awesome finds! Artisans were the real deal back then I guess. :O