exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
It's a shame the author doesn't put them up on the Internet for sale. I'm very happy to have a set - an astonishing amount of work and research. Must have cost thousands of dollars to print all those hardcovers. I'm buy another set or two if I could.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
i know what ya mean. he just will not sell them. he gave away about ten sets to my friends who did him some favors while he was here. he told me what it cost to print them and i cannot believe he has only social security as an income. he treats the boxed sets like they are his children. he can put all his earthly owned items in a 6x6 square. i just do not get it but of course there is way more to him that i learned about, and it is not very nice stuff, in the year he lived in my home with my wife and i. i have three no2 and one no3 volumes here without a home. send me a private mail or email me at [email protected]. perhaps ya want them.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know what ya mean. he just will not sell them. he gave away about ten sets to my friends who did him some favors while he was here. he told me what it cost to print them and i cannot believe he has only social security as an income. he treats the boxed sets like they are his children. he can put all his earthly owned items in a 6x6 square. i just do not get it but of course there is way more to him that i learned about, and it is not very nice stuff, in the year he lived in my home with my wife and i. i have three no2 and one no3 volumes here without a home. send me a private mail or email me at [email protected]. perhaps ya want them.

Hey Kevin,

Last time I spoke with him, his health was getting bad, and he planned on moving to the Northeast to be near family.

He was planning on selling the remainder of his stock. If I remember correctly, he had about 300 sets (or maybe it was 100 sets of 3). I think he was planning on selling them via a website I was going to build, but I haven't heard from him in many months. I'll try and get ahold of him and see what is going on. I believe he wanted to do the website, so he could sell them all quickly and see some actual income, instead of piecemealing them one set at a time.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

Just talked to John. Still planning on selling the rest of his 400 or so autographed sets of Gold House Books. We will also be posting scans of all the documents referenced in the books. A bit of a project, but nothing too monumental.

..........also another VP Book with all new info I will have to preread before saying anything.

Mike

mann

Aug 22, 2010
New Mexico
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Last time I saw John he was with the Tesoro de alma scheme. That alone will drive you to drink. Hope he is doing well best of luck. They are good books, from one side of the story.

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay,

Just talked to John. Still planning on selling the rest of his 400 or so autographed sets of Gold House Books. We will also be posting scans of all the documents referenced in the books. A bit of a project, but nothing too monumental.

..........also another VP Book with all new info I will have to preread before saying anything.

Mike

Ha ha - all new info, eh? The old info didn't wash? Actually, Book 1 is the most eye-opening VP source available, IMO. The documents and testimony reveal what an untrustable grifter Noss truly was.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha ha - all new info, eh? The old info didn't wash? Actually, Book 1 is the most eye-opening VP source available, IMO. The documents and testimony reveal what an untrustable grifter Noss truly was.

Actually, you have no idea. It is more of a companion to Book# 2. Its about what happened to the gold after it left the peak. How about a tape recorded phone conversation of Fred Drolte getting *****ed at by LBJ that the gold had taken too long to go from White Sands to his ranch? Just a tidbit for yall.

Mike

Jimi_X

Greenie
Nov 2, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually, you have no idea. It is more of a companion to Book# 2. Its about what happened to the gold after it left the peak. How about a tape recorded phone conversation of Fred Drolte getting *****ed at by LBJ that the gold had taken too long to go from White Sands to his ranch? Just a tidbit for yall.

Mike

Reading these most recent postings makes me glad that I purchased the Trilogy when it first came out. I am saddened by what has been written about John Clarence. I didn't know that his Trilogy was self published, I would have thought that any publishing house would have been glad to be standing behind John's endeavor. I hope his life becomes better. His Trilogy is an important historical testimony that 99% of Americans know NOTHING about.

Seems to me that John was working on a book with the original documents he found to be included. I remember e-mailing him and, I think, that it should have been available in 2016....I never followed up.

Mike, who made the Drolte recording you alluded to? I thought that Drolte was a person that John was unable to speak to. Can you or John give us a listen? Or a verbatim written account?

Also, your website: 1ORO1.COM, goes to an Asian gambling site.

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other

Mike
Well, how about such a recording? We all would like to hear good old LBJ's voice. I guess one might argue that Drolte was more trustworthy than Noss, but I still wouldn't have asked him for change for a dollar.

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I've seen the first book on Amazon priced at $200 or more but then the Kindle editions are only $10. Pretty huge price difference.

I assume the Kindle versions don't include scanned source docs or pics ?

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I've seen the first book on Amazon priced at $200 or more but then the Kindle editions are only $10. Pretty huge price difference.

I assume the Kindle versions don't include scanned source docs or pics ?

Here's a Book 1 hardcopy that's still pricey ($45), but likely an acceptable cost for someone who really wants it. I've had mixed results with Kindle versions of some books - don't know about this one.

https://www.thriftbooks.com/w/gold-...a-peak/9551083/#isbn=0983402507&idiq=29247453

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, how about such a recording? We all would like to hear good old LBJ's voice. I guess one might argue that Drolte was more trustworthy than Noss, but I still wouldn't have asked him for change for a dollar.

He's got that and a ton more.

Yeah, I dont know who to distrust more! "Lyin' Lyndon" or "The One-Armed Bandit"! HAHAHA

Mike

EDIT:

Dont buy anything online yet. I have gotten him to sell the remaining autographed sets (about 400) for around $40-$50 per set (not per book). Stay tuned for details.

Last edited:

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
mike, hi guy. john just moved out of my home last week here in pa. he was only 50miles from his fanily and he refused my offer to take him there nor would he phone them. his health is fine guy. he resided with my wife and i for over a year so i kinda got to know him alot better than most. i have john staley horror stories but not to tell on this board. if you have convinced him to sell books you are a miracle worker. i do believe you dude but im gonna have to see that one. the truth is out there but he related alot of conflicting facts to me and im well versed on the peak. i can only hope yer correct my friend. if ya wanna talk pm me a phone no. or i can send ya mine. it may be interesting mike. kevin in exeter pa.

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
maan, you are very right on the nick flemming connection. thats another one i have first hand knowledge of and im really sad about it. kevin.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike, hi guy. john just moved out of my home last week here in pa. he was only 50miles from his fanily and he refused my offer to take him there nor would he phone them. his health is fine guy. he resided with my wife and i for over a year so i kinda got to know him alot better than most. i have john staley horror stories but not to tell on this board. if you have convinced him to sell books you are a miracle worker. i do believe you dude but im gonna have to see that one. the truth is out there but he related alot of conflicting facts to me and im well versed on the peak. i can only hope yer correct my friend. if ya wanna talk pm me a phone no. or i can send ya mine. it may be interesting mike. kevin in exeter pa.

Never met him face to face. We have always talked on the phone and via emails. I met him through Tom Whittle and Alex Alonso while he was still working on the Gold House Trilogy. He told me he was back in NM. Whatever the horror stories are, I am strictly business. Help him sell books and get the documentation referenced posted. Period.

Mike

autofull

Mar 18, 2010
exeter pa
Detector(s) used
garrett
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
mike, i hope all works out on your deal with john. my wife and i are known as truthfull stand up residents around here,she is a two tour 80,s marine, been on paris island, and after my five years around john i must say good riddance to him. just please be carefull as he can make up a yarn in a heartbeat when the truth would be better. he just moved out last saturday so he must have driven straight thru to nm. i wish you well guy as i have followed you on this site for years and you are a real field guy. you are very rare type guy mike. and that is said in a good way. see ya. kevin and victoria in exeter pa.

Last edited:

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Greetings!

I'm in for two sets at that price range. Please do keep us posted.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mike, i hope all works out on your deal with john. my wife and i are known as truthfull stand up residents around here,she is a two tour 80,s marine, been on paris island, and after my five years around john i must say good riddance to him. just please be carefull as he can make up a yarn in a heartbeat when the truth would be better. he just moved out last saturday so he must have driven straight thru to nm. i wish you well guy as i have followed you on this site for years and you are a real field guy. you are very rare type guy mike. and that is said in a good way. see ya. kevin and victoria in exeter pa.

HAHAHA Rare indeed! I have been called many things by many people, but this is the first "RARE"! Thank You! I guess better rare than extinct!

I was Navy and Army. Although I did spend ONE DAY in the Marine Corps, but thats a long story. Funny as hell, but long.

Mike

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike, we got all branches covered. Retired Air Force here. My brother in law retired helicopter pilot Coast Guard. I’ll take 2 sets for my research library. Thanks for taking this project on and for your service.

Dirt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread