THE BPORTDIGGER
Jr. Member
- Joined
- Dec 21, 2009
- Messages
- 45
- Reaction score
- 0
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- NORTH ALABAMA
- Detector(s) used
- Fisher F75 ltd
- #1
Thread Owner
The backmark is W. Dowler/ Superior Qualityvayank54 said:Nice. Can you make out the backmark? More than likely it is British made
Nice!vayank54 said:The reason I asked is they restruck these buttons in the 1940's but the restrikes have the backmark Wm Dowler & sons Ltd/Birm.
Your has the correct backmark and is listed in Alberts's as CS 7 It books for $800.00 to $1,100
Do you think it is worth that much missing the shank loop? I have been told that it decreases the value nearly in half, but this button's only damage is the missing loop it is perfect except for that.vayank54 said:The reason I asked is they restruck these buttons in the 1940's but the restrikes have the backmark Wm Dowler & sons Ltd/Birm.
Your has the correct backmark and is listed in Alberts's as CS 7 It books for $800.00 to $1,100