Best Day EVER!!!!!

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Weeki Wachee, FL (north of Tampa)
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Well it was actually 2 days but it only lasted an hour each day.
I was in Illinois this past week and took my detector with me. I hunted a few parks and got a little clad then I found the best site I have ever detected in my short 9 month career metal detecting.
I only was able to detect for 1 hour Wednesday and 1 hour Thursday here is what I found:

3- Silver Quarters 1964, 1942, 1953
1- Merc Dime 1942
1- Buffalo 1937
1- war nickle 1944 S
6- Wheaties
1- Bus Token
1- St Christopher Medal
1- USAF lapel pin
1- Silver bracelet (belonged to Carol)
1- Silver ring
1- Silver ring with cheap stone
1- 14K gold plated wedding band
1- 1963 class ring
1- Spoon ring
1- part of silver bracelet
Misc clad, old watch, tool tag, etc

Here is my problem. I know there are tons more at this site but I will never get back there to hunt it. How do I divulge the location so other TreasureNet members can get the opportunity to clean this place out. Hint it is near Peoria.

By the way I may have to set my standards a little higher. My goal was to find a Merc, Buffalo and a Indian head penny. I have found all of these in the last month!!

Good luck and HH

Baddog

Attachments

• before ILL (768 x 512).jpg
    before ILL (768 x 512).jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 1,005
  • Ill Good Stuff1 (465 x 306).jpg
    Ill Good Stuff1 (465 x 306).jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 1,002
  • Ill Good Stuff2 (449 x 239).jpg
    Ill Good Stuff2 (449 x 239).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 990
Upvote 0

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DOG!!!!

How awesome is that stuff!!!!

Wow!!! You did good! And all in two hours?!!!

Congrats!!

Nana ;)

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Nana,
I have never hunted a site like this before, every foot there was a signal and I probably only dug 3 pull tabs!!!

Also another clue to the location it was all sand!!! ;D

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

W

whites6000inPa

I think I'd keep that one under my hat....and somehow I would get back there. Short of that...maybe pick some lucky soul who's in that area and turn them on to the site. Announce it and there's gonna be a stampede!

Wyatt

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
That is awesome. ;D This is what keeps us going. Knowing there are still places like this out there.

How much of the area do you figure you covered? 25%?

I would love to drive there but might be a bit too much. Thanks for the offer.

Bob

R

rvbvetter

WOW!! Fantastic finds!!
Hey!! I live close to Peoria....uh......well.....ok. So I live in calif., but it seems close.

Hope your able to get back there. WTG!! HH

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! nice haul! Looks like that place was untouched!

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats quite a honey hole you found there baddog. if i were you i would probably plan a special return trip. it may be worth going out of your way to get back there. awesome post!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Totally awesome for two hours, WTG!!!
I would definitely try to get back there,,, looks like a great site...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

OP
OP
BADDOG

BADDOG

Dec 21, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Since I do alot of traveling the last thing I want to do is take another trip when I get home. I would rather share the info with another Treasurenetter. Beside someone else might get there before I get back.

dekalb33, was the first to ask so he now has the location ;D. Hoping karma will let me find another spot like that in the future! ;D

Good Luck and HH

Baddog

tiefmaster

Greenie
Nov 1, 2005
Illinois
I agree with you Baddog. If you are not going back to the site share it with another treasure-hunter. Since DeKalb33 was the first to respond, he should get first try at the site or there may be a stampede. Many of us travel & every Spring I go down to Alabama. Nana40 if I find anything down there I will clue you in. I think it is important to share information, that is what this site is for.

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, what great finds. I had a year like that once haha. It was at a college here in Ohio. They had band practice in the summer and marked the marching area like a football field. I started hunting it in the fall and keep right on hunting it until the snow fell and was back at it the next spring. Took me almost a year to get most of it out. I still go back from time to time and find a few things but nothing like the first time I stepped into that practice field. I found all kinds of Barber Half's, Barber Quarter's, Dimes, Lots of Indian head pennies and lots of jewelry. Thanks for showing your GREAT finds. I know if I were you, I wouldn't say a thing to anyone and I'd take at least a week or two vacation and go back to that site. Those kind of sites are few and far between. Also thanks for bringing back memories from my past metal detecting days. I still have some good days where I find some great things but nothing like that old "FIELD OF DREAMS" Take care and HH

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
A very good day. If I were you I would file this site away you never know that one day you may revisit it. Good Luck hope you have even better days in the future. trk5capt...

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
got the mail and the maps baddog i owe you one......BIG....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
EDD :o

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING !

CONGRATS !

Jeff