Best detector for a "Newb"

Flip a coin! Good luck and happy hunting!

The only one of them I've used is the f2. Its pretty much turn on and go.Very good machine for the money you can't go wrong.

Our
a white's coin master 199.99 free shipping out the door
white's electronics Google and read the product reviews if it's like any of their low-end detector it should will reach down over 2" on a 12' cast iron skillet that's on your knees chest on the ground arm all the way in there hole there even dirt on your chin you have to reach so fare down their. Give white's a call it says 8 plus inches on coin size target but that's standard on all entire level white's sound an id is like non-other... there a video to watch on there web page check out the Christmas specials...good luck on what ever brand you buy, but white's dominate in my arsenal of detectors
there no way of getting away from dirty knee elbows and fingers in this sport....post your find build a test garden and remember the three S's size shape and sound that's from the the Old Sly fox over on the white's forum. wish i was out now

liftloop

EuroTek Pro by far!

go on youtube and watch videos of each.you are going to hear the sounds it makes ALOT.dont get one you dont loke the sound of.my wifes f2 has been very good for us.I have no expierience with the others.
good luck,happy hunting and most of all...welcome !!

Indeed, flip a coin.
Don't forget that whichever machine you choose, you will NEED, a quality pinpointer. It's a must have.
GL
Peace

I have all 3 and for coin shooting my favorite is the EUROTEK PRO %100!

Call Kellyco bet they can do a great bundle for you. 888-535-5926 Great customer service too!

Thanks fore your advice & comments guys... even the cheeky ones ;)
Since I'm in South Africa, I imagine whichever one I decide to buy, I'll have to work via the local agents.
Not too sure what e.g. Kellyco's or Whites views would be on bypassing their local agent (@Papalittle & liftloop)
PS: I'm pretty sure I've figured out at least 3 Universal Truths re: Metal Detecting:
1) You will need to get on ur knees.
2) You will get dirty.
3) You will find trash, no matter which detector u use.

What can I say... I'm a quick study..lol

Get you an xpointer also!

I recommend using the F2, I used it last year and it got some nice depth and very accurate item ID.

Coinman123,

I know you didn't ask about this model...but I love my Tesoro Silver uMax I just got a couple of weeks ago. I've owned and sold my F2, Delta 4000 and Ace 250. I know they are all good detectors for their price range, but I found myself spending more time fiddling with menus, soft buttons and looking at "sort of" accurate discrimination info on the screens then actually concentrating on my swing and covering my grids. The uMax is a joy. I usually start with little or no discrimination and just thumb the discrimination knob on targets to help me decide to dig or not. I still have a lot to learn about it, but the simplicity of its design has allowed me to enjoy my detecting time much more. And don't be fooled by its simple and compact size...just Google the reviews. HH

I'm not sure which of those 3 I'd pick, but when it comes time to make a purchase I'd highly recommend buying it from a local dealer if possible. They will be able to give you hands on instruction as how to use it, what each setting may do and how it will affect the outcome. He or she may also have a test bed so you can hear what it typically sounds like in action, and more importantly how the detector feels while you are holding it, proper balance goes a long ways toward a day of comfort versus wanting to throw it in the closet.

Mike

I know you didn't ask about this model...but I love my Tesoro Silver uMax I just got a couple of weeks ago. I've owned and sold my F2, Delta 4000 and Ace 250. I know they are all good detectors for their price range, but I found myself spending more time fiddling with menus, soft buttons and looking at "sort of" accurate discrimination info on the screens then actually concentrating on my swing and covering my grids. The uMax is a joy. I usually start with little or no discrimination and just thumb the discrimination knob on targets to help me decide to dig or not. I still have a lot to learn about it, but the simplicity of its design has allowed me to enjoy my detecting time much more. And don't be fooled by its simple and compact size...just Google the reviews. HH

Haven't even been able to find a local distributor for Tesoro in South Africa Clay Slayer, so after sales/ service might be a problem...

But appreciate the advice!

I'm not sure which of those 3 I'd pick, but when it comes time to make a purchase I'd highly recommend buying it from a local dealer if possible. They will be able to give you hands on instruction as how to use it, what each setting may do and how it will affect the outcome. He or she may also have a test bed so you can hear what it typically sounds like in action, and more importantly how the detector feels while you are holding it, proper balance goes a long ways toward a day of comfort versus wanting to throw it in the closet.

Mike

That was my thinking too BC 1969. ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back