What's new

Best During the First Half of Year

bedpanmoneyman

Hero Member
Joined
Jun 17, 2007
Messages
561
Reaction score
8
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lebanon, Ohio
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
I haven't hunted much this year with coming out of retirement to do a special project at my old employer. Several weeks ago I was able to hunt the sports complex (pic below taken last year) that had a lacrosse tournament earlier this month, so I thought I'd go out after it quit raining for a short hunt...try to get back into the "swing" of things. It was somewhat humid but the temperature was only in the mid 70s. I had my DFX set on a modified coin program. First I found a presidential dollar coin (Monroe), then some clad and a 10 cent Euro from Germany (only my second Euro). Near the concession building, a few yards from the sidewalk, I got a real clear tone, VDI of 86, six inched deep. Well, that certainly wasn't something lost recently. I dug down and as I pulled out the plug, I saw a large, green sphere sitting in the bottom of the hole. Due to its size, my first thought...could this be a large cent? I pulled it out...sure enough, an 1828 Matron Head. This is my oldest coin yet...just beating the 1829 LC I found at this same complex 18 months ago. I couldn't believe it. I must have hunted this very area a half dozen times in the last 2 years. How could I miss it all those times? Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 000_0033.webp
    000_0033.webp
    40 KB · Views: 763
  • 100_9966.webp
    100_9966.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 758
  • 000_0033.webp
    000_0033.webp
    40 KB · Views: 749
  • 100_9966.webp
    100_9966.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 766
  • 000_0033.webp
    000_0033.webp
    40 KB · Views: 754
  • 100_9966.webp
    100_9966.webp
    76.9 KB · Views: 753
Upvote 0
Congrats! are ya gonna go over it again?, & again, &again etc,etc,
 
:icon_thumleft: WTG
 

Attachments

  • 151.gif
    151.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 688
  • 151.gif
    151.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 689
  • 151.gif
    151.gif
    16.2 KB · Views: 665
Great find!!! Now, the 1827 and 1826 are off the property, in the tree line......look for the huge tree that has been there centuries.
:laughing9: Keep pounding that property....you haven't found all that's there, yet.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom